[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HIDs
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HIDs

Re: HIDs

Postby dinoxor » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:50 am

Bobolara wrote:Morimoto 5000k headlights, and morimoto 4300k fogs.

maybe it's the camera.
but your headlights looks more 6k and fog lights look more 5k D:
but still I think your combo works best for the white lara, giving it a more lexus look to it.
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 am

Ya, those heads look just like mine. Ya it looks good, I'm a fan of the yellow Lexus fogs, which is why I'm gonna get some 3000k's. I think I'm going to sand off the chrome on the grill and side decals and paint them far Gunmetal like the newer camry's have. You know?
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bobolara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:49 am

Thanks, its my camera Phone, the fogs look brighter in thr pic.I should have gone with the 3000k for the fogs instead. I have the morimoto projector kit I stalled, have to say the cut off is a lot better since I I stalled them.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:57 am

How much was the kit, and how difficult/time-consuming was it to install? I'd love to finally have some projectors for the Lara! If you have a website I can see this product at, shoot me the URL
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bobolara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 am

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
The only problem with this kit is you have to use their bulbs, if youre already running hid's then just order the retro kit which is $120 I think and a set of their bulbs($40) it's pretty much plug and play. You have to bake your headlights though but it's pretty easy and took me about 3hrs to install everything.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 am

Do you have pictures of the finished product including some pictures close and further away from a wall to see the light reproduction? I'm really interested!!!!! Thanks so much for all the information bud!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby pwizzle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am

So I'm guessing you bought and installed the Mini H1s?
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bobolara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:09 am

Yea mini H1's from TRS, will try and take a picture if I get the chance.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Bobolara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:45 am

Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 am

Nemesis85 wrote:Ya, those heads look just like mine. Ya it looks good, I'm a fan of the yellow Lexus fogs, which is why I'm gonna get some 3000k's. I think I'm going to sand off the chrome on the grill and side decals and paint them far Gunmetal like the newer camry's have. You know?

Oh I was referring to the new is' new look where they have white 5000ks for headlights and oem 4300k for their fog lights

However I would highly recommend for you to stay away from 3k as fog lights.
I have them on my fog lights now and honestly I do not like it at all.

The color looks more like piss yellow than the "golden" yellow lexus is300 have
I think it has to do with the zig zag patterns in our fog lights that may cause some interference which outputs this weird pale yellow.

If you are gonna get yellow I would recommending fitting yellow tint on your fog lights so you'll achieve that deep yellow look.
I would do this but I think my red car would look weird with a big 'ol yellow overlay on top of my fog lights.

just my 2cents
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Nemesis85 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 am

LOL, I already have golden yellow tint on my fogs and have had yellow lights matched before, but they burst. You are right, only one yellow source makes for a washed out look. If you look at page two of this thread, I actually had already posted pictures, one in the daylight to see the yellow tint, and one at night with 2500k bulbs and the yellow tint. It's a perfect golden look. Ya, I may go for a 5000k set. I like the crystal white look. I will post pics tomorrow with what it looks like currently with only white bulbs with the yellow tint. Still pretty yellow, but much more washed out. I went through 2 sets of yellow bulbs. Kept bursting after only a couple of months. The regular sylvania halogens seem to be fine. been a year already and no problems. But my 3000k HID kit is in the mail and it will be the first time i've had HID's for my fogs. Hope they don't burst like the halogens did.I think it was because they were simply tinted bulbs, and not a gas burning at a specific color temp. They were Luminics USA bulbs.
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bobolara » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:18 pm

You're right dinoxar, one of my fogs is blown and I have the stock bulb in temporarily and personally I don't care for it. I looked up what the 3000k would look like on YouTube and it does have a piss yellowish look to it. Thanks for the heads up.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Nemesis85 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 am

Once I have mine installed, I will post the finished product. It will be sexy =)
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby timeforlegitness » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:31 am

Hey guys, I found someone in my town that's willing to sell an HID kit to me for $100, (low beams only but idc about fogs just yet) assuming everything works is that a decent deal or a ripoff because most websites a 4000k or better is at least $150
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am

timeforlegitness wrote:Hey guys, I found someone in my town that's willing to sell an HID kit to me for $100, (low beams only but idc about fogs just yet) assuming everything works is that a decent deal or a ripoff because most websites a 4000k or better is at least $150

:-? Really? The very first post in this thread till answer that question
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5