[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HIDs
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HIDs

HIDs

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 am

Hey guys, it would help me and this company a lot if you guys could check out this company http://www.vvme.com they have great products and I only buy from them when it comes to HIDe and other electronics. I would like to get this company the amount of fans and customers it deserves. They offer really good quality products and the price is the best that you will get at this amazing quality. yeah I sound like a sell out but they really are awesome, so if you guys could help that will be frickin amazing, and maybe we can work out a little coupon or sale for you.

Headlight bulb size: H4 ( BI-XENON H4 Hi/low beam 8000k )
( for the brightest, choose 55watt or 35 watt for regular brightness )

Fog light bulb size: 9006 ( Single Beam, 3000k for JDM yellow )
( for the brightest, choose 55watt )

Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: HIDs

Postby Elusive Entity » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 am

This company is pretty awesome. I've ordered several kits from them for my other cars and all have been great.
Elusive Entity
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 am

Elusive Entity wrote:This company is pretty awesome. I've ordered several kits from them for my other cars and all have been great.

Yeah they are supper awesome, I've bought a few sets for my family cars and myself, and all still works perfectly. Best of all they are really good on price, and quality.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 pm

My first purchase from this company yielded a single bad ballast, but I didn't really care since I had a couple to spare. So far the only thing that I had to replace besides the ballast were the bulbs. I might get some H1 bulbs after I install some projectors.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 pm

^sweet man
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 am

Wonder if they have jdm 100k's
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheMack » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:51 am

2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:06 am

My vvme worked flawlessly for about one year. Now they flicker intermittently. I've tried swapping the ballasts but that did not solve my issue. They seem to pulse with the alternator so I'm going to try wiring in capacitors. For the price they can't be beat.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:50 am

GzNutz wrote:My vvme worked flawlessly for about one year. Now they flicker intermittently. I've tried swapping the ballasts but that did not solve my issue. They seem to pulse with the alternator so I'm going to try wiring in capacitors. For the price they can't be beat.

I never had that problem, check your ground it might not be a good, metal on metal contact. And yes, the price is prob the best you are gonna get with HIDs at this quality.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:53 am

TheMack wrote:Wonder if they have jdm 100k's

10k is blue and yes they have it. they also have higher color temp, Like Pure blue, Pink, green.. wich are prob not street legal. They also have 3200K (almost) JDM Yellow. I have that for my fogs and it super bright and really yellow.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 am

Here are what they have available, and Specs.
PM Me before you guys buy, I will get you a coupon code for your order. Thanks
Please Visit http://www.vvme.com to see more available kit sizes and other Electronics.

Last edited by SteveSolara on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 pm

SteveSolara wrote:
GzNutz wrote:My vvme worked flawlessly for about one year. Now they flicker intermittently. I've tried swapping the ballasts but that did not solve my issue. They seem to pulse with the alternator so I'm going to try wiring in capacitors. For the price they can't be beat.

I never had that problem, check your ground

^^^ This! I had a flicker during a road trip in the middle of the night a few years ago. It only happened when I hit some hard bumps in the road. I thought it was the ballast. After pulling over for the 3rd time in less than 2 miles, I noticed the bolt I used for a ground was backing out. Tightened it...and here I am 3 years later with almost the same kit. I really did have a ballast go bad and replaced it. I wasn't upset since I still had the DRLs hooked up at the time, so they served their purpose and some.

BTW I bought mine from manyadeal.com.....same as vvme in case no one knew
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TheMack » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 pm

So is pure blue that really dark jdm bluee?
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:04 pm

TheMack wrote:So is pure blue that really dark jdm bluee?

Not sure if its like "JDM" Blue, but its pretty damn blue. But the "Bluer" (higher Kelvin Temp) the darker it is, between 6k-10k is the brightest, and higher will not be as bright (more for show than perform).

This is the closest comparison I can find.

Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:05 pm

1gSE wrote:
SteveSolara wrote:

I never had that problem, check your ground

^^^ This! I had a flicker during a road trip in the middle of the night a few years ago. It only happened when I hit some hard bumps in the road. I thought it was the ballast. After pulling over for the 3rd time in less than 2 miles, I noticed the bolt I used for a ground was backing out. Tightened it...and here I am 3 years later with almost the same kit. I really did have a ballast go bad and replaced it. I wasn't upset since I still had the DRLs hooked up at the time, so they served their purpose and some.

BTW I bought mine from manyadeal.com.....same as vvme in case no one knew

Yeah same company, different branches of suppliers, but vvme is the main site.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5