[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear sagging on brand new tokico/eibach
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Rear sagging on brand new tokico/eibach

Rear sagging on brand new tokico/eibach

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

I just got replacement springs and struts from eibach and tokico about two months ago, but my rear is MUCH lower than the front, feels like it's sagging. I'm running 19" wheels with 225/35/19 tires, and in the front I have about a 3 finger gap whereas the rear I have not even 1 finger. The ride also feels pretty soft and bouncy from the rear, like its sagging. The only thing in the trunk is one 12" sub, and I don't think that would cause so much sagging alone. Overall the ride feels much softer than what I remember from a brand new suspension in the past. What do you guys thing it could be? Could bad bushings or mounts cause a sag? Maybe a bad set of struts (although both rear struts being bad would be odd)? Any ideas are appreciated.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Rear sagging on brand new tokico/eibach

Postby GzNutz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I think there have been complaints on here before about the drop not being even with certain spring sets. I can't think of a reason for the ride to be softer though.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm

negative. there is a difference between a sag (softness) and a difference in ride height. there should be a difference of about 1 finger between front and rear with the eibachs but the ride shouldnt be soft and pillowy
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5