[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Exhaust story.....again
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Exhaust story.....again

Exhaust story.....again

Postby TheMack » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:10 pm

so i been gone a while getting repairs, got my timing belt changed and a leak taken care of and all kinds of bs, anyway the car is at 141,xxx miles now and the exhaust question is rising once more while i await my tax return, i want OBX headers but from what most have said they seem to break and OBX has crap customer service, also im N/A and auto so ive heard id just lose low end torque witch raises the question.....catback 2.5"? Headers? the hell am i supposed to do?? after all this time im still puzzled
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Exhaust story.....again

Postby GzNutz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:19 am

Do you have a trd rsb? If not I'd get one of those or just save up for a charger.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 am

OBX headers do sometimes crack, but not to everyone. Make sure you have decent motor mounts so your motor isint just flopping around everywhere. That would be a main reason why the rear headers crack. Too much stress that it goes under. Anyways, you can go with the obx set up if you do lose torque it wont be that noticable, but you will gain some high end power due to there not being any restriction. If you want to keep ur power constant i would suggest going the custom route and getting a nice looking tip. Or going with the megan drift spec exhaust. 2.5in piping. Not too sure if they make headers that bolt up to that cat back, but if your afraid of losing some power then just go 2.5
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 am

Sorry double post.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby TheMack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:39 pm

how do i check my mounts? second, why an rsb? and third, if i get the obx headers and decide to get the 2.5" will i need to get custom piping done and will i have a CEL?
2000 solara limo tint all around, Xplod sound system,\18" black/ red lip Giovanni rims, Fireball Exhaust, OBX SRI
TheMack
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:42 am

How to make a custom exhaust

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=42341
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5