[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New custom decal project. Thoughts?!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

New custom decal project. Thoughts?!

New custom decal project. Thoughts?!

Postby Nemesis85 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Aight, so I've had my Lara for nearly 3 years now... So far I've done a few things...
Window Tint
Custom Alpine component speaker install
Infinity Kappa 6x9's
Pioneer Premier Headunit
Yellow tinted fogs
Tails tinted dark (except the crystal clear segment)
No trunk emblems
TRD muffler
Fully synthetic fluids

I'm not looking to do a lot, but have a few more things on the list including projector's and lipkit, when the money is right. Now I'm starting a project tho, to repaint the chrome trim surrounding the windows, the side emblems (V6SE) and the chrome trim on the grill. I was thinking of going with the dark gunmetal color that the newer Camry SE sport editions have. I was curious tho, what process I should take for these decals to have maximum outcome and quality, and how difficult it will be to completely sand off the chrome trim and prep for the new color. Hoping to do it with out removing any parts lol. Any and all feedback, thoughts, ideas are greatly appreciated!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: New custom decal project. Thoughts?!

Postby Nemesis85 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 am

No thoughts? =(
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

i have no idea how to prep for painting over chrome. definitely clean it really well first of course.

as far as the decals, you should take them off your car to paint them for the best results. if you paint them on your car make sure to be VERY careful at masking the area around the emblems and cover the whole trunk area with newspaper just to be sure you don't ge over spray.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dinoxor » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:47 am

plastidip plastidip plastidip.
you can get a can for 8 bucks at your local home depot.

this stuff is amazing and it is absolutely reversible just by peeling it off!

this is the result from plastidipping my gf's car.

you can see the rest here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52565&start=45

you can search on youtube on instructions
but with this you won't need to take of the emblem off at all
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5