[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New custom cat-back!!!! How does it sound??
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

New custom cat-back!!!! How does it sound??

New custom cat-back!!!! How does it sound??

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 am

ok guys so i just had a Lou's Custom cat-back put the solara. i got the 3.0 V6 with a Injen SRI and Jet TBS. she's also sitting on Teins but nevermind that(Teins are AWESOME btw).

so i took her out for a spin this morning around Boston and i started to go deaf, kinda. from the cat-back it has 2.5" piping to a flip up straight through muffler, with NO resonator. alot of popping when in gear and coming to stop light. its sounds amazing like a race car but its sooooo loud between 1,000RPM to around 3,500RPM. from there the short ram intake overs.

so im just looking for feedback on how she sounds, whether its good or bad. suggestions welcome.

ps: should i go back and have a Resonator put on??? probably will take away from the popping and loud downshifts which i looovvvvvveeeeee!

<===Fixed 4U
^^^^^ youtube link above for exhaust video
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: New custom cat-back!!!! How does it sound??

Postby 1gSE » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 pm

not bad at all, but god i hate portrait videos
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 pm

ya i know, didnt realize i was doing it till it was to late
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby parkc96 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 am

i think it sounds sweet, im getting a custom catback with a megan n1 muffler on my 4 cylinder in the spring when its not so crappy out (i have the muffler). but im still trying to decide res. or not, idk if it will sound super high pitched without the res and sound like one of those honda's that sound like crap.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:30 am

Massachusetts license plate, where are you from, I live in central mass!
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Solarasian wrote:Massachusetts license plate, where are you from, I live in central mass!

Wooooo!! another SG in MA! i live in Melrose, 8 miles north of Boston. but i go to school in the city so the lara's been tearing up the back bay with the new exhaust.
idk if you know or even go to shows but theres the Umass Motorsports club car show on april 21, 9-5pm. im planning on going to that and also the WPI (worcester poly instit) car show THE NEXT DAMN DAY. im shooting for both. :crazyeyes:
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm

oya so it's been a little over a day living with the new exhaust and im starting to go deaf!!!!, lol. but seriously with 2.25" piping straight off the cat and right to a straight through muffler is VERY loud. downshifts are incredible and i've gained some high end torque but lost some down low.

My set-up has NO RESONATOR and i'm debating going back and putting a resonator on. i love how loud it is but for daily driver it's WAY to much IMO. i had a rev off with my uncle who owns a 2011 5.0 GT Mustang and i came close to drowning him out!

but our solaras have a premuffler, resonator and a normal muffler, so going from 2 mufflers to a straight through will scare your neighbors, unless thats what you want :D
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Not bad too much rasp for my taste I would add a resonator.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KingKevin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Yo im from southern NH! and i also got a custom cat back from lou's. i have the resonator... sounds real good in my opinion.
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:15 pm

KingKevin wrote:Yo im from southern NH! and i also got a custom cat back from lou's. i have the resonator... sounds real good in my opinion.

haha i was just in driving through friday going up to keene state.

you dont think it sounds to loud cruising in gear? sounds like someone installed 20" subwoofers under the car. i went back and had two turbo tubes installed. i can drive around now without my eardrums getting muffled
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5