[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Suspension Setup
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Suspension Setup

Suspension Setup

Postby Sol_MTL » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am

So ive noticed recently that I am in desperate need of new shocks and springs for my Solara ( '99, 4cyl) I have been doing a bit of research and am looking for a good setup that will also drop the car a little bit. I have heard nothing but good things about a tokico shocks / tein springs setup, however the prices for the tokico shocks i'm finding are a little much!

Can anyone reccomend a setup that might be close to that in terms of quality? (Also was thinking about going with eibach for the springs instead of tein)

Most important things = price and durability (I drive like your grandmother so handling characteristics are out the window).
Thanks for any input! :D
Sol_MTL
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Suspension Setup

Postby ThatVietGuy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

KYB

[/thread]
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm installing my coilovers in a week and I can sell you my KYB/Tein setup. I got them brand new a little than a year ago. Stored in winter, 15k km on them max. exellent condition.

AND you're in montreal so it would be perfect :P
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tooshorty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Tokicos/ Tein were great for my car when I had them, but coilovers are great for taking the highspeed turns and that great low look...not so much for daily driving
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5