[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Modified 99' front Grill
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Modified 99' front Grill

Modified 99' front Grill

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey guys, I decided to modify my grill. I cut out the middle part and put a mesh behind it, and painted the grill white.

I just ran into a problem where I put the mesh it shows the bottom portion of the Grill lock. I've been trying to figure out how to either make it flush or some way to hide it. I've tried putting the mesh in front of it but it looks weird. So, any suggestions, ideas? Thanks in advance :D :D

** Don't mind the bottom of my bumper it was painted grey so i was in the processing of removing the paint and trying to keep it all white. **

This is what it looked like when i painted it black.

This is what it looks like with the middle part taken out and then painted white.

This is what it like installed.

Before & After Picture

I need to get better pictures but this will do for now.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Modified 99' front Grill

Postby SolaraPete » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:29 am

Cant you just cut it off with a dremel or something similar, sand down the rough edge, and re-paint?
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 am

yeah i can, but thats what hold the bottom part of the grill in, other wise it will stick out. maybe i can hot glue it in but thats the last thing i want to do
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Ahhhh yes, you def dont want a floppy grille... i'd for sure use epoxy over hot glue - otherwise maybe some 3M 2sided tape if u dont want it to be permanent.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh yeah forgot about 3M double side tape LOL. Thanks!!
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

actually hot glue clear would be better because the opoxy when dried is gonna be messy and hard to remove. Hot glue is some strong crap let me tell you...lol Get a cheapy gun kit at harbor frieght for less then 5 bucks. Either way its gonna be a beach cuttin it off without scarring it too bad. I'll be impressed if it comes out flawless.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5