[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help with LED door lights
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

help with LED door lights

help with LED door lights

Postby gio89 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 pm

I recently purchased a pair of led strips to put under my doors.
This is what i am trying to accomplish http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48062 ***scroll down for pics***
But i would like to know what wires to connect to, i don't have a aftermarket battery wire like the other guy does so i was hoping to connect it to the dome light, so the LED's are on when the dome light is on. If someone can help me figure out what the positive and negative ends of the LED strips should go would be great.

Here are the LED's i have, i have a pair of these in the trunk and they work great, they fill the whole trunk with light.
Here are the wires on the driver side.
Here are the wires on the passenger side.

Any help is appreciated, Thank You!
gio89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: help with LED door lights

Postby minig646 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Whenever I hook up LEDs I just tap into a fuse. Could you just tap into the hot side on the fuse for the dome light? I've never tried that, but I'm digging these...
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 am

I'm assuming you have a gen1. In that case, if you want to have it come on with the dome light, just hook the negative side of the LED strip to the red/white wire on the fuse box. If you're looking straight at the fuse box, it'll be in a smaller harness at the top right-hand side. Make sure you test this wire BEFORE hooking anything up to it...just to make sure you have the right wire. I'd post a pic, but I don't have my Solara right now, as it's still in storage.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sk8r776 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:48 am

Dont bother with the dome light circut. When i was taking my gen 1 apart to run amp kit i found the door open sensor. Dont know its real name. The black rubber piece on the inside of the door jam. has a switched ground. i would pull that out and see if you could tap into that ground. As posted above always test the connection first. If not i could give you a pointer on the dome light. I did it in my accord and its simple, just running the wires is annoying. :lol:

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby minig646 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I just did this today and figured it out as I went. Took lots of pictures and made a tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53445
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5