[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Please Help! I need spacers but.....
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Please Help! I need spacers but.....

Please Help! I need spacers but.....

Postby allencc3 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi guys! This is my first post. I have been doing my homework on tires and wheel sizes but still need a little help from the experts. I have a gen 1 Solara V6 and already purchased tokico struts, Tein S tech lowering springs, and monroe strut mounts for both the front and rear. I also went and purchased some RX-8 OEM wheels with 225/40/18 tires but before researching. The rims are 18x8, +50mm offset, and have a center bore of 67mm. The part I need help with is the spacers. I wanna go with hub centric spacers but, since my solara has a 60.1mm center bore, what spacers should I buy? And how many millimeters should I go with on the rear? I was thinking about buying 10mm for the rear and 5mm or 8mm in the front. With this spacing, would it rub with 225/40/18? And since the bore size is different, should I get spacers made for mazda wheels(67mm bore) or the toyota wheels(60.1mm). I dont really know how hub centric spacers work. But, I assume that if I go with toyota spacers, the spacer will be fine but the bore will be smaller than the rim's bore so wheel wont be hub centric. But, if I go with a mazda spacer that will be perfect for the rim, the bore size of the spacer will be bigger than the hub on the solara. Please correct me if I am wrong and also please help me simplify this so I can get all my parts installed soon.
allencc3
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Please Help! I need spacers but.....

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 am

Hub bore doesn't matter as long as you can get the wheels to be lug centric, meaning, obviously, the lugs keep the wheels centered rather than the center bore. It should be easy on this car since the OEM lugs are tapered at the end, so it'll just fit in the hole and keep the wheels centered. My wheels are OEM Infiniti and I abused the hell out of the car (lots of track and mountain driving time) and it never failed once. Just make sure it's torqued down correctly.

As for the offset, I think you'll need at least a 10mm spacer for both the front and rear if you just want to clear the strut assembly. Someone more knowledgable can chime in, though.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby allencc3 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the input. I just got my car back yesterday. I am loving the new struts and tien springs. I did order some H&R spacers. 10mm for the front and 15mm for the rear. Now I just need to order some 67mm-60.1mm hub centric rings. Hopefully everything will go on nicely.
allencc3
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 am

Oliver is right on both. The hub centric doesnt really matter as long as the lugs are centered correctly. And as for the spacers a 10mm spacers should clear the rears since it a +50 offset so it might rub. For the fronts i wanna say 5mm spacer should clear
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5