[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Grille for Gen1 from Andy's BE WARNED!!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Grille for Gen1 from Andy's BE WARNED!!!

Grille for Gen1 from Andy's BE WARNED!!!

Postby tacklebox » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 am

Do not make the same mistake I made by shopping on Andy's website. I ordered their Sonora Grille after desperately searching and failing to find a custom grille. I was hesitant at first, but did it anyway. I heard that the guy who makes them here on SG no longer makes them. Now I here he's making them again. FML!!
Why didnt I send it back? Well, because my dumb ass started painting it before checking to see if it fit. After 3 weeks and 2 packs of JB Weld putty, I finally made it fit. I never used JB Weld putty before and I must say that it is awesome!! I am seriously considering customizing my old grille with it. Anyway, you've been warned. Don't order this thing unless you have sculpting skills.
tacklebox
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Grille for Gen1 from Andy's BE WARNED!!!

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 am

WOW, Thanks for the warning! I took my stock grill and chopped it up and bondo to smooth everything out.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Grille for Gen1 from Andy's BE WARNED!!!

Postby tacklebox » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:25 am

SteveSolara wrote:WOW, Thanks for the warning! I took my stock grill and chopped it up and bondo to smooth everything out.

Try out some of that JB Weld putty. It really helped me out. It says that it dries and becomes as strong as metal, but thats bull. Its easily sanded by hand or palm sander as I used.
tacklebox
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5