[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6

Re: Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6

Postby 1BADGTS » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 am

Finally, the people from TuningPros.com got a hold of me, but its the typical warranty run around !! I have to send the old one back for testing and possible exchange :bad-words: !! I did finally find a good phone number, but its just a voice mail !! I'll get the front pipe removed today, boxed up & shipped out. We'll see how long all this takes !! They actually told me in their email that if it just needs to be welded up I should just pay to have it done locally and not send it back to them, but this would be at my expense !! What a joke !! We'll see how this all turns out.
****THE FLEET****
2001 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 - "The Wifes"
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 5 Speed - Family Pimp Ride
1993 Toyota Celica GT-Four R/C Clone - Weekend Fun
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 Speed Sport Roof - Just Because !!
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 am

Well, we are FINALLY getting this mess straightened out !! Let me just start by saying, if you are interesting in buying M2 products, go right to the source !! If you use www.m2performance.net you can see all thier available products. I worked with Anthony over there at M2 Performance and he was great !! He was very concerned about the situation and didn't want his product to get a bad name because of a crappy seller. He also tried getting a hold of TuningPros.com to see what was going on and never got a response from them, so he turned around that same day and shipped me out a new front pipe and new gaskets NO QUESTIONS ASKED !! I had sent him some photo's of the leaking pipe and he said that was good enough evidence for him and shipped one out FED EX that day !! When the new pipe arrived I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of the welds, so I don't know if TuningPros.com tried to pull a fast one or what. I installed the new front pipe earlier this week and so far so good. I'm not a huge fan of their front pipe design, but I was very glad to see that they really stand behind the quality of their products. As for TuningPros.com....AVIOD DEALING WITH THESE BASTARDS !!! They are just a internet scam and once they have your money they couldn't give 2 shits about you the customer !! I would avoid that website like the plague !! Go right to the source and know that they WILL stand behind their products !!
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm

I've had a few days to put some miles on the car and so far so good !! No leaks thus far, so I'll recheck it in a few weeks.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Little update on how things are holding up. The second front pipe has been holding up good, did adjust the EGR tube to help it seal better (had a small leak). The kit really should include the proper EGR tube. Also removed the anti-fowler from the rear O2, welded a flange onto my OEM converter & reinstalled the cat converter. I noticed that the exhaust fumes were very heavy around the car & the mileage really seemed to fall off with the converter gone. The nice thing is I now have a test pipe for the track and a legal converter for street driving. I have already noticed the fumes are WAY less. So we'll see if the mileage comes back a bit.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5