[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6

Re: Megan Racing M2 Header install on a V6

Postby justdefiant » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I installed these headers nearly the same way you did, yet I got a code 125. I assumed it was from moving the o2 sensor. Car runs fine, just a little piggy on the gas. Any ideas what I could do?
justdefiant
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1BADGTS » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 pm

justdefiant wrote:I installed these headers nearly the same way you did, yet I got a code 125. I assumed it was from moving the o2 sensor. Car runs fine, just a little piggy on the gas. Any ideas what I could do?

I know there was a TSB out for A/F sensor heater relay, which can also kick that P0125 code, but it was only for 1999 models up to a certian VIN, but besides that you'll need to get the system diagnosed or if you can get your hands on a scantool, that would be a great help !! Theres a pretty long list of stuff that could cause that P0125 code. I have almost 300 miles on it since the install & so far no codes. I maybe heading to the road course this weekend, if I'm going to get any codes; it will happen then :o !!
****THE FLEET****
2001 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 - "The Wifes"
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 5 Speed - Family Pimp Ride
1993 Toyota Celica GT-Four R/C Clone - Weekend Fun
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 Speed Sport Roof - Just Because !!
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:09 pm

justdefiant wrote:I installed these headers nearly the same way you did, yet I got a code 125. I assumed it was from moving the o2 sensor. Car runs fine, just a little piggy on the gas. Any ideas what I could do?

Did you install an anti-fouler?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1BADGTS » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 am

GzNutz wrote:

Did you install an anti-fouler?

P0125 Actually has to do with Bank 1 & 2 sensors that are in or closest to the headers/manifold (sensor 1), not the rear O2 sensor (bank 1 semsor 2) so the anti-fouler would be no help here. This code has to do with rich fuel mixture (which would explain why he's getting poor fuel economy). I would 1st, check the wiring : if you had to extend the wiring for bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor like I did, you may have an issue with the wiring repair. Next thing to do would be to use a scantool to check that both O2 sensors are operating properly, might just be a bad sensor. Either way with this code, it means the ECU is unable to control air/fuel mixture properly and this will cause poor mileage and poor performance.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby justdefiant » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I actually extended the wiring to the o2 sensor by splicing some wire in. Also my car is a 1999 and it is supercharged, only running 4 psi, as only have 91 octane where I live.

Do I have to go to a dealer to get a better scan, or will the same tool my friend has that kicked out the 125 code work?
justdefiant
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1BADGTS » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:50 am

justdefiant wrote:I actually extended the wiring to the o2 sensor by splicing some wire in. Also my car is a 1999 and it is supercharged, only running 4 psi, as only have 91 octane where I live.

Do I have to go to a dealer to get a better scan, or will the same tool my friend has that kicked out the 125 code work?

If your friends scantool is just a small hand held code reader it probably won't help you much with diagnosing the code, it will just tell you what the code is, but if you are able to watch & read live data with it, that's what you need. You should start with reading the voltages for both Bank 1 Sensor 1 & Bank 2 Sensor 1 to make sure they are working properly. I would assume because of your location your car is NOT a California spec car, so this is what Toyota has in their service manual for diagnosing the P0125 code on a NON California spec car:

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
To obtain a high purification rate for the CO, HC and NOx components of the exhaust gas, a three−way
catalytic converter is used, but for the most efficient use of the three−way catalytic converter, the air−fuel
ratio must be precisely controlled so that it is always close to the stoichiometric air−fuel ratio.
The oxygen sensor has the characteristic whereby its output voltage changes suddenly in the vicinity of the
stoichiometric air−fuel ratio. This characteristic is used to detect the oxygen concentration in the exhaust
gas and provide feedback to the computer for control of the air−fuel ratio.
When the air−fuel ratio becomes LEAN, the oxygen concentration in the exhaust increases and the oxygen
sensor informs the ECM of the LEAN condition (small electromotive force: < 0.45 V).
When the air−fuel ratio is RICHER than the stoichiometric air−fuel ratio the oxygen concentration in the exhaust
gas is reduced and the oxygen sensor informs the ECM of the RICH condition (large electromotive
force: > 0.45 V). The ECM judges by the electromotive force from the oxygen sensor whether the air−fuel
ratio is RICH or LEAN and controls the injection time accordingly. However, if malfunction of the oxygen sensor
causes output of abnormal electromotive force, the ECM is unable to perform accurate air−fuel ratio control.
The heated oxygen sensors include a heater which heats the Zirconia element. The heater is controlled by
the ECM. When the intake air volume is low (the temperature of the exhaust gas is low) current flows to the
heater to heat the sensor for accurate oxygen concentration detection.

If your friends scantool will read live data and you want to attempt to diagnose the problem yourself; PM me your email address and I will send you the complete diagnosis proceedure right out of the book from Toyota. It's about 4 pages long and very self explanitory, but without a proper scantool it won't help much. Also, this proceedure is for a factory N/A car, but that shouldn't matter. You would diagnose the code the same way even with the supercharger. I hope this helps, if all else fails, take it into your local dealer and at least you'll be well informed on the issue so you can make sure it's fixed correctly.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1kdude » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi All,

Very interesting thread. Do you think the Megan Y pipe/test pipe (I bent mine) would fit on the stock headers? I have the Greddy Cat Back.
I am in CA also.

thanks!
1kdude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 pm

1kdude wrote:Hi All,

Very interesting thread. Do you think the Megan Y pipe/test pipe (I bent mine) would fit on the stock headers? I have the Greddy Cat Back.
I am in CA also.

thanks!

No, The Megan front pipe is made specifically for their header setup. It would not bolt up to the stock manifolds.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:08 am

I shot some videos with my GoPro from the track !! Here's a roof top cam of the 7/29/2012 track day from Grattan Raceway in Grattan, MI. The car ran flawlessly and I had a ton of fun !! No leaks from exhaust and what a blast to drive !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4SjwkRDkw4
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:12 am

Here's a second video, this one is a in car view of a one lap pass around Grattan Raceway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemWnpG8KX0
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 pm

nice write up man..nice toyota"fleet" too!
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:18 pm

TheGreenDutch wrote:nice write up man..nice toyota"fleet" too!

Thanks man. I do love my "fleet" !! 8)
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 am

Nicely done, good write up too. I'd throw a separate thread in the DIY section with a link to this thread in case someone was looking for a write up.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1BADGTS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Akfahad wrote:Nicely done, good write up too. I'd throw a separate thread in the DIY section with a link to this thread in case someone was looking for a write up.

That's a good ideal. Thanks, I'll do that.
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1BADGTS » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 am

Well, I have some BAD news about this set up. In just 30 days the front pipe flex has begun to leak !! I have been trying to reach the people at TuningPros.com (where I purchased from) since I found the leak on Tuesday. So far they have not responed to my attemps to contact them. So luckily I was able to start a dispute with PayPal and they have reversed the charges for me. So, lets see if they contact me now that my money has been refunded :x !! I'll keep you updated on the progress of this situation and see what kind of fix they come up with !!
****THE FLEET****
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5