[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - apparently my exhaust is too loud.
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

apparently my exhaust is too loud.

apparently my exhaust is too loud.

Postby Solarasian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 pm

So... I am currently running a GReddy SP2 muffler(from Damon) with an intermediate pipe to the cat. It has a deep tone that I like, but recently, i have been getting pulled over a lot for my exhaust.I honestly don't think it's too loud, but the state troopers do. i really like having an exhaust so I don't want to just get rid of it. I'm wondering if you guys would have any suggestions on a new exhaust or any thoughts on this. I honestly don"t to get rid of my exhaust, but I don"t want to keep being harassed whenever i go to work. Thank You for reading, and thank you for any thoughts.
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: apparently my exhaust is too loud.

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Try not to press the gas to much when you see them around. lol
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah, say off the throttle. Does you city have a noise ordinance? Is there a decible limit? Did you get a ticket?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Get a resonator welded in to that intermediate pipe.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thenewguy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Yea get an exhaust resonator. I read an article about them in Super Street or Project Car magazine..they don't restrict too much power, only about 1-4hp.
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarasian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 pm

no decibel limit said the guy the installed it. haha i do try to stay off gas. no ticket. but the trooper said it could be a 30 dollar fine
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm

+3 for resonator
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Midias » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm

I bet the real reason you get pulled over is cops can easily spot that giant muffler.

But resonators are good I have 2
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Mr_Krispy1183 wrote:+3 for resonator

Go with a res, if you really want it to be loud on command get some electronic cutouts off amazon and have shop put them in. cutouts are badass IMO, go from quite to HOLY CRAP loud with the flick of a switch. only thing is if you're on a budget they're kinda pricey, around $250 or so just for the equipment. OR you can just get the cutout without the electronic valve, downside is you have to get under the car and physically take the plate off or put it back on. i plan on doing this but i have other mods to do first

BUT WAIT you're in MA????? what part, u should come to one of the many shows that go on out near the city!!
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5