[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What is more important?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

What is more important?

What is more important?

Postby chullen1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm

I am considering getting one of the Innovate MTXD dual gauge set up but I want to know if EGT or Oil temp would be better?
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: What is more important?

Postby 1gSE » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm

EGT will give you a better idea of how the car is running. Do you have any other gauges? Unless you're really pushing the car (and I mean road course type of pushing) I don't see much of a need for it on a street car
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chullen1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Getting ready to run my built motor. Running Innovate wideband right now, I was thinking oil pressure.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:54 pm

From what I've read, oil pressure and oil temp go hand in hand. So if you get one, get the other. EGT will kind of tell you the samething that a wideband will, but from my understanding, its like a back-up to a wideband. Are you going to be using a return style fuel system? If so, I'd go with a fuel pressure gauge before EGT or oil
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chullen1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:54 pm

I am planning on the oil temp and pressure gauge. I am not running return style system, yet.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Then I'd say coolant temp also. That was going to be my next gauge. The temperature can vary about 20 or 30 degrees (verified by an OBD2 scanner) and the needle will barely move. I made a thread about it a llloonnngggg time ago when I put my Flexalite fans in. At least I think its in that thread lol
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5