[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SUSPENSION BUSHINGS...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

SUSPENSION BUSHINGS...

SUSPENSION BUSHINGS...

Postby Texasolara86 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Finally after all of these years owning the Solara, I am just now finally getting into modding it. This forum and the users have been great for a newbie to learn so far. As of right now, I have already purchased the TRD(Bilstein) Struts from gregtrd, TRD Springs will be coming soon, and if I ever find a TRD rear sway bar I will buy that too.

Since I am at about 170,000 miles on the car there is plenty of wear and tear, and I'm trying to get everything covered suspension/handling wise before I finally lower the car. One thing I read about is replacing suspension bushings that are probably worn out. Are there any user recommended replacement bushings for the car? I am trying to improve the handling as much as possible, but not have the ride so harsh that I can't drive the car on the street.

Keep in mind this car will never see the track, it is my daily driver and will only be used on the street. The best description of my driving style is that of an aggressive street driver. I have no clue which bushings to replace or what brands you guys usually go with. Any input or help is appreciated!
Texasolara86
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: SUSPENSION BUSHINGS...

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Texasolara86 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I did see those for sale. Are those the only bushings I would need to buy?
Texasolara86
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 pm

i just kinda stumbled upon them, i too would like to know if others are avalible. if u go to Super Pros website u can only buy them from AU. u need a distributor in the US to get them for you,

can anyone else chime in about this??
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 pm

IMO, for the most part, I would just replace your worn bushings with OEM rubber or quality replacements (Moog, etc.). Unless you need the firmness, a lot of NVH and squeaking is what you would experience down the road
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 am

this is true, after driving 170k im sure new OEM bushing will feel like aftermarket sets....kinda, but u know what i mean, worn vs new
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 am

It would be good if they're rubber. Polyurethane is obviously stronger, but using them will have you noticing creaks a lot more, and having interior panels buzz and rattle that didn't do so before
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:10 pm

good to know, sounds like when the time comes i'll being using OEM, i also discovered a thump/clunk in my front suspension. idk if its my mounts or what, only happens when i go over bumps real real slow or turning my wheel left or right. so an up/down , side to side clunk. only started after i took off my front wheels, but i put them back on correctly and took them off again to see if that would correct it....... le sigh

ALWAYS SOMETHING
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Texasolara86 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 pm

You have read my mind. I assumed the polyurethane bushings would significantly tighten up the steering/handling just that much more, but I guess the creaks and rattles within the car would be too much of a bother. I guess OEM is the way to go for me! Thanks for your two cents, it's greatly appreciated.
Texasolara86
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5