[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Suggestions? Want nice battery cables (relocating)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Suggestions? Want nice battery cables (relocating)

Suggestions? Want nice battery cables (relocating)

Postby SirThomas88 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 am

Anyone know where to find some really nice battery cables? I'm relocating my Optima battery to behind the driver seat, on the floor. I want some cables that not only will perform better (flexibility, resistance) but also look good in the car.

I was thinking Monster cables, but they're meant for audio equipment, and I don't know if it matters.

Would 0 gauge be the way to go?

Thanks in advance.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Suggestions? Want nice battery cables (relocating)

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm

are you sure you want to put it behind the drivers seat?? between the back seat and trunk is prime location. i only say this because you the drive are already adding weight to one side. passengers side makes a bit more sense, but its just my own opinion

not to sure where you could get the fancy cables, probably a car audio installer or supplier
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chullen1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Josh, I used 1/0 Rockford Fosgate Cable Wire when I did the sound system. I also did the big 3 with this cable when I changed the alternator for my heavy sound system. I can take a photo for you if you want to see how we did my battery and wires on my car. Here is a pic:

One last thing make sure you get a battery box and properly vent the box.
You can pick up the cables at The Audio Connection. They have 3 locations and are a great shop. I have only used them in all my past sound systems and custom installs.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

kicker and stinger both make good looking and flexible cables. both have good looking battery terminals as well. i'd go with 0ga if i were doing it.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah I would use kicker or rockford fosgate or monster cable. The terminals I have can run the battery cables but also has other openings on the terminal in case you need to ground a heavy sound system or what not
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PlateLunch » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I'd love to see some pics of your cable job homie, I ran some decent cables but those terminals look nasty! Is the extra grounding solely for a thumping system or does it help with performance at all, in your opinion? They claim perf. boost but I've been researching online and am a bit skeptical.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'm going to go with Monster cables and battery terminals. The battery terminals look the nicest and are cheaper than some of those other brands.

Now to figure out this whole battery relocation thing once and for all...
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5