[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Automate Keyless Entry Sounds Have been Reset
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Automate Keyless Entry Sounds Have been Reset

Automate Keyless Entry Sounds Have been Reset

Postby msangapu » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:16 pm

When I bought my car, I asked for a keyless entry system. They installed an older version of this: http://www.automatecarsecurity.com/Prod ... 2/AM2.aspx

Automate Keyless Entry.

Recently, when I had the battery replaced, the chirping noises when I lock and unlock the car are gone. The lock still functions (locks and unlocks), but I would like to enable the sound.

I called the dealer where this was installed and they said they are not aware of how to reset this aftermarket part and would have to read the manual (bought it from them 9 years ago).

I looked at the manual and was tried the different combinations, but it has not helped.

The sounds work when I press the panic button... but I can't get it to work when I lock/unlock the car. Any experienced users?
--
'99 Toyota Solare SE v6
msangapu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Automate Keyless Entry Sounds Have been Reset

Postby SolaraPete » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Sounds like it may just be in valet mode. Do you have an LED mounted on the dash anywhere or maybe just plugged into the brain unit under the dash? If so, tell me if its on or off when the key is in the off position - that'll help troubleshoot the problem.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby msangapu » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:12 pm

I found another post which talks about the location of the valet mode switch. I think it's close to the brake pedal. I will check it tomorrow and reply back. I appreciate your response.
--
'99 Toyota Solare SE v6
msangapu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby msangapu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

I looked for a switch underneath the dash, but I didn't see anything. Anyone have a picture of what this looks like? I have the 1999 SE V6.
--
'99 Toyota Solare SE v6
msangapu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Maybe i should have been a bit clearer. Automate is made by Directed Electronics, not Toyota, so your keyless system is not a factory model. The location of all the components will depend on where the installer decided to put them. You are looking for a black box roughly 6"x6" (more or less) with a few plugs of wires coming out of it. It will be located somewhere under the dash, possible above the kick panel, and probably zip-tied to a bundle of factory wires. Here's what the valet switch or button looks like:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=automate+keyless+valet+button&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=679&tbm=isch&tbnid=4l-8YWso_oDKlM:&imgrefurl=http://en.allexperts.com/q/Car-Alarms-1513/2010/7/Nissan-1999-Quest-anti.htm&docid=No2JA71CzCTP6M&imgurl=http://0.tqn.com/w/experts/Car-Alarms-1513/2010/07/VALET_8.gif&w=251&h=260&ei=aeZTUKXvIYbm9AS-9IHIDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=503&vpy=80&dur=258&hovh=208&hovw=200&tx=73&ty=126&sig=103585077742783202693&page=4&tbnh=143&tbnw=138&start=66&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:66,i:332

For most Directed Electronics systems, you can put the system in or out of valet mode by turning the key on, then off, then pressing the button or flipping the switch (depending on the style of switch your unit has).

I really need to know the answer to the question in my previous post to be certain this is even going to solve your problem. Good luck.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5