[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP NEEDED GUYS!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HELP NEEDED GUYS!

HELP NEEDED GUYS!

Postby PlateLunch » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey guys, I am having a screwed up time with this idler plate and pulley assembly. Can anyone PLEASE post up some close ups of your assembly with the dynamic tensioner??? My problem is which side of the grooved idler pulleys faces the engine, the space or no space? And I am also wondering which way the smooth plate idler pulley should be facing? I have the one on the tensioner per TRD manual, but I don't know if they should face the same way or put opposite directions? I have already replaced the dynamic tensioner and pulley because I believe I had the pulleys wrong.

I have looked all over the forum for some pics or more detailed instructions and haven't been able to find any. This is the last thing i need to do and not figuring it out is seriously flippin with my head. If you can just explain it to me then who cares about pics, but if you got some put them up.

Thanks.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: HELP NEEDED GUYS!

Postby SolaraPete » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 am

Hope this helps:

:cheers:
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PlateLunch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Exactly what a brother needed, you da man Pete!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:44 pm

No prob homie!

You get those brakes done yet?
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PlateLunch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 pm

The brakes were postponed when I came up on the charger from Gabe, who also hooked me up with a stage 1 boost package. I realized that it would be pointless to spend money on the brakes until I could actually go fast enough to need them. I have his bbk next on the list :)
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5