[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - STAGG SHS Quality?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

STAGG SHS Quality?

STAGG SHS Quality?

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am

So I was on ebay looking around for some suspension parts for the Gen1 and I came across these shocks and struts for $361.00 which I'm assuming is cheaper than the Tokicos I saw on the list of parts too. Does anyone know if these are any good and what is the difference between these and the tokicos? In the description of the ad, it said it was made in Germany Vogtland Springs? Any clarification or help is mcuh appreciated. Ive been reading through SG and I see most people say Tokicos and either Eibachs or Teins for lowering springs.
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: STAGG SHS Quality?

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 am

2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:44 am

I'm tempted to say your name applies here.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 am

Never even heard of this company. Well im not saying dont get them for the price sure why not, but remember you get what you pay for. These struts can be weak and when u hit enough bumps, potholes etc. they can blow out easily the spring rate on the springs can be weak and you can end up bouncing around everywhere. Back in the day i had a set of cheap springs on the rear of my solara (intrax) and my car felt like a damn boat. Bounced around everywhere big enough dip and id scrape like crazy.

Its really up to you. Id recomend doing things right the first time and never do it again.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm

ThatVietGuy wrote:I'm tempted to say your name applies here.

ha!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PlateLunch » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

They're cheap and have a drop, but the way I am about my car I look at it like this:

IF they are good quality then you made out at around $361 with shipping vs. the $650 with shipping for Tein/Tokicos, BUT

if they suck and it bothers you or they blow out quick, it's more like $361+$650 when you end up buying the Tein/Tokico combo...I can't stand inferior stuff on my car.

If you're looking for new struts/springs, I have a full set of OEM ones with only about 25,000 miles on them i'll sell ya for cheap if you want. I took them off when I lowered my car and they are just sitting in my basement.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Okay, thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. Glad this site exists or else I would be lost in keeping the Lara in good condition longer. How much do you wanna sell your stock setup for? I might be interested cause I can hear some of the suspension on some bumps.
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 pm

$200 plus shipping for the set, I'm not going to use them so I'll hook you up on the cheap. Nothing is wrong with 'em, I just took them off to put the Teins/Tokicos on. Think about it and let me know!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Wow that is a great deal. I will definitely think about it. College and work and crazy gas prices might hold me back. But thanks.
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5