[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HID Fogs Installation - Where do I put the ballasts?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HID Fogs Installation - Where do I put the ballasts?

HID Fogs Installation - Where do I put the ballasts?

Postby Nemesis85 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:51 am

So I got my HID 3000k Fogs finally for Christmas, but have a question. Where have you guys mounted the Ballasts? I got mine from DDMTuning and I did get the slimmer ballasts, but don't really know of a good place to keep them once installed. Any recommendations from people that have installed HID fogs would be great! Thanks for your help!!! Gonna install these Friday! Excited!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: HID Fogs Installation - Where do I put the ballasts?

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 pm

I mounted mine along the side of the bumper, double sided tape, and it should stick just clean the surface first with rubbing alcohol. then mount it. Mine have been on there for 8 months or so and have not come off.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 1BADGTS » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah, I used 3M grey double sided tape, I think one is stuck to my washer bottle and the other on the inner fender well on the inside. It's been over 1 year and no issues.
****THE FLEET****
2001 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 - "The Wifes"
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 5 Speed - Family Pimp Ride
1993 Toyota Celica GT-Four R/C Clone - Weekend Fun
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 Speed Sport Roof - Just Because !!
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I stuck mine to the side of the frame rail right there, I used a 3M glue and wedged something to hold it there while they dried over night. I think as long as you have a spot that doesn't get wet too much and you clean the surfaces you should be cherry.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5