[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DipYourSolara?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

DipYourSolara?

Re: DipYourSolara?

Postby sk8r776 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

My 'Lara is going to my sibling, because i just got an '06 350z.

I'll be doing the wheels in Gloss black and could post up pics when I do. The metalizers look good especially if you like a bronze wheel thats a darker shade of bronze. I'll still be reading up here and will post different things i do.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 am

sk8r776 wrote:My 'Lara is going to my sibling, because i just got an '06 350z.

I'll be doing the wheels in Gloss black and could post up pics when I do. The metalizers look good especially if you like a bronze wheel thats a darker shade of bronze. I'll still be reading up here and will post different things i do.

Ahh, 350z is such a good looking car.
This page will be the place for people and dipping. I'm planning to dip my mirrors and roof matte black just to test what matte would look like even though I've seen it on another solara. I'll be doing it in the next month or so since the Midwest Snow Storm should be gone by now and it's gonna warm up next week so black mirrors most likely on Monday or Tuesday after I get done with class. Good luck with your dipping projects everyone!
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sk8r776 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Another one of my dipping adventures. Using smoke Plastidip to black out my tail lights. Came out really nice.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm

That did come out pretty nice. Did the same with my dad's car
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:06 pm

It can't find the smoke plasti dip anywhere. I'm too lazy to order it online. Looks good though
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 pm

He used plastidip smoke which is probably a lighter shade but it looks great. You gotta order it online though to get it unless you live in a state that has a plastidip distributor. I used the original basic plastidip cause the tl has really bright bulbs in the housing so we needed a darker shade. About 3-4 coats we used.
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5