[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Blacked out corners (crystal clear lens)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Blacked out corners (crystal clear lens)

Blacked out corners (crystal clear lens)

Postby crankine3 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 am

I am working on an HID and Led headlight / corner light project. The headlights are great. My attempt at the corner lights .... are not so much. While I know many people have done the corner black out and reused the fluted lens, I was hoping to use a crystal clear lens, kind of like this product posted in 2005 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16165 . However I cannot find that item, or at even that crystal clear lens on a chromed corner light, anywhere that actually has them in stock. I assume they no longer make them.

I've attempted to make my own lens from heating and bending plexi glass. Given my first attempt to do this ever, I think I did good, but given what I want it to look like, I did bad. Lots of glue inside, and short cut the plsatic on both. I am going to try to resolve this with a touch of cosmetic surgery and plack paint (same as the inside) covered in plastic wrap, but we'll see how it turns out. I'll post pictures once I get it in the car, as I need to install all the other relays and ballasts and DRL replacement stuff anyway, and I can redo the corners at a later date if it really looks like ass.

So to the point ... does anyone know where one can get the crystal clear corner light lens? Or even the blacked out ones now-a-days? All the forums referring to them are old here with mostly dead links, so I wanted to start something fresh. I doubt my current hodgepodge will look good enough, so I maybe circling back around and doing it again, and I would like to try to not reuse the fluted lenses.
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Blacked out corners (crystal clear lens)

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Mon May 06, 2013 8:20 pm

If you are looking for the corner light housings with clear lens instead of the amber then go one ebay. Whole set last time I saw was for 35 shipped
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5