[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New muffler, still too quite
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

New muffler, still too quite

New muffler, still too quite

Postby 99lara » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm

I recently just bought a new muffler for my 99 solara on ebay, i got it on and everything and even pulled the silencer out of it, but its still not loud enough for me. Ive been thinking about removing my resinator but will i loose back pressure doing this? any thoughs on this and ideas are greatly appericated! :D
Blue HIDs, Yellow fogs, Full custom exaust into Skunk 2 muffler and custom towhooks(:
99lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New muffler, still too quite

Postby Bostonlara » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Ya you'll lose some back pressure. Our cars have a pre muffler located roughly under the front seats then a resonator then the muffler at the rear. I straight piped my car for a grand total of 3 days! It was very very loud. Right now I have two resonators, a 12" tube and a 18" tube. The shorter one is under the drivers seat area and the longer one is under the rear seat area. It's not overly loud but people tell me it's loud. To be honest before I had the supercharger the Injen intake made more noise than my exhaust set up lol.

So all in all I'd recommend a single 18" resonator located close to the drivers seat area. Our cars tend to drone a lot when cruising. Otherwise at WOT straight pipes are the balls if your ears can take the beating!!

Sorry for the long response hope this helps
Here's my car straight piped (soooo much louder in person)
http://youtu.be/ELEem5RhEpM

Here's the car with my current set up( louder in person but for comparison sake it'll do)
http://youtu.be/DfisjiEnaDQ

Annnnd here's me playing with a Ferrari, I've run into him before so we've done this a few times lol
http://youtu.be/27p0QUU8YFM
Last edited by Bostonlara on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 pm

sounds like you need this!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53969
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Solarasian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 pm

lol i think i need a resonator to make mine more quiet. state troopers are always on my ass about it.
@Bostonlara that speeding on beacon st looks wicked scary haha id be scared to either hit the ferrari or those other cars.
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:10 am

Lol it's pretty common for people to speed down any street in the city at night. The guy with Ferrari has a big lead foot and lives off beacon so you just gotta know the roads well. I live in back bay and this is child's play. Where in mass are you????
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99lara » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am

Allright thanks, this helps alot!
Blue HIDs, Yellow fogs, Full custom exaust into Skunk 2 muffler and custom towhooks(:
99lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarasian » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 am

im in worcester lol i go to boston to visit sister in sommerville and she'll take me out to places so im familiar with beacon street
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5