[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP!! on my Air Intake Issue!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

HELP!! on my Air Intake Issue!!

HELP!! on my Air Intake Issue!!

Postby kliskl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 am

I have 2002 V4 been using injen short ram cold air intake for over 10 years.

and all of sudden it can not pass the smog ....

and I don't think I have my stock anymore ...

what will you do ? share your ideas

and the problem is I am out of state so my parents has to take care of the car

what will be my best move ??? find stock and put the stock back ? which ain't easy

or buy K&N which is legal ?? and install it ??

please help me SOLARA fellas !!
kliskl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: HELP!! on my Air Intake Issue!!

Postby civictypeR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

If you've had the short ram cold air intake for 10 years, and it has passed the years before then almost likely it's not your short ram air intake that's the problem. I would believe you have the C.A.R.B sticker on the air intake since you have passed in the recent years. If you don't, you will fail smog upon visual inspection.
Best way to combat this result is:
A.) Find a stock intake
B.) Contact Injen for a C.A.R.B sticker

If you pass visual inspection and failed the test run at 15 mph and 35 mph:
You'll have to see why it didn't pass. California has three main regulation requirements that look for during smog test runs. The tech should have gave your parents or whoever smog it a copy of the result and why it failed. I would start from there.
civictypeR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5