[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Do Plasma Boosters help?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Do Plasma Boosters help?

Do Plasma Boosters help?

Postby rapsux2001 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:15 pm

I saw that ignition solutions plasma booster for sale for about $220. I was just wonder if this thing is worth the money. Also, how does it work? Stupid question but: Does it help in the same way that a higher octane fuel would as far as running higher boost safely goes? So basically is thing gonna help me any? Thanks for any help you can provide guys.

BTW: (My current mods include S/C 4psi, Ik22's and an apexi safc2, w/ apexi WS exhuast.)
rapsux2001

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:59 am

according to some member in sC3 forums, they do feel different after it installed
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby chef solara » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:43 am

I have one, and I think that it does help. Not to big of a notice though. my problem was when I first installed it, I had a cracked pistion, so the car ran like ass. So I really cant tell that much because I had to have a brand new short block put in. But now I think at higher RPM's the car boosts alot smoother. Also its a good piece of mind.
chef solara

what i think

Postby RayCarlo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:58 am

i also have one, and to tell you the truth i don't know if i even really felt any difference, i think it's just a piece of mind thing, i only got it because i got a really good deal for it on ebay, for full price i don't know if i would have gotten it, but most people that i have been in contact with say that they have felt a difference, their cars ran smoother.
RayCarlo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:48 am

you're not supposed to feel a difference. your engine should since it is sending a more constant zap to the spark plugs, which makes sure that the engine is burning fuel more efficient.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby rapsux2001 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:53 am

I went ahead and bought the plasma booster from Ctmotorsport. Now my next question is: Can i safely run 5.5psi of boost with this new mod? I don't plan on upgrading the injectors, or make anymore mods. I think I am ready for the dyno. After the CAI of course. Thanks fro answering my question before, it helped me decide.
rapsux2001

Postby JoeB » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:43 pm

rapsux, the addition of the plasma booster will not offer safety from extra boost. The biggest problem with extra boost is the fuel mixture. It runs too lean and blows the knock sensors. You really should get a fuel controller like the Apexi S-AFC-ii, Greddy or Split Second FT1. Then have it dyno tuned. I would recommend a nice set of Magnecor KV85 wires and Denso Iridium IK22 plugs to go along with that plasma booster. 8) -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mudd » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:46 pm

Pray tell, what is a plasma booster? Like an ignition amplifier?
Mudd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5