[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Tires
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

New Tires

New Tires

Postby Serious » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:04 pm

I own a 2002 Solara 4 cyl. I live in the Northeast US. Snow and rain are factores. I would like a quite but sporty ride and support for the wet stuff.
I dont mind spending money but nothing top of the line. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Serious

Postby kubi » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:39 pm

I've got Bridgestone Potenza RE950s. They're a little bit noisy, but not really too bad. Great performance in the rain and snow, though.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

NEW TIRES

Postby no1blkman » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:06 pm

I own a 99 solara and I have been checking out the Continental ContiExtremeContact. They are high performance at 60 to 70 dollars a pair. I have not heard any bad reviews about them so far. Check out tirerack.com....
no1blkman

Postby FLASH » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:25 pm

Those are the tires I have and theyre awesome, even in the snow and ice
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jon11582 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:01 pm

We just got about a foot of snow. After alot of research on tirerack, i decided to go with Kumho Ecsta HP4 712's, which ran me only 40 per tire. They actually got delivered within a day of me ordering it, but the shop is taking thier sweet time "checking" them in so I can show up and have them mount and balance them. Thats the shops fault though. Tirerack is invaluable in researching tires and what works best under different conditions. Speedy shipping, excellent prices, and writeups on just about everything you want to know on tires. If you want a second opinion, 1010tires also offers tire reviews, but thier review system isnt as detailed as tireracks.
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bash0 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:46 am

I just put Bridgestone Turanza's on my '99 V6 and am enjoying them thoroughly.
bash0
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5