[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Top Secret: Dual TRD Exhaust Complete! **Pix**
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Top Secret: Dual TRD Exhaust Complete! **Pix**

Postby FLASH » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:14 pm

I believe Astro has True dual. This may sound crazy, but I can feel a SIGNIFICANT power gain now. especially in like 2nd gear around 3500 rpms, it really pushes like never before. Only other thing that may affect that is I started using a different gas company, but sitll regular grade gas.
Last edited by FLASH on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby swimshady906 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:04 pm

I dont think the company would make any difference unless you went from like.... sams to exxon or something but i bet you are making a lil more tq than before.
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolDoubt » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:14 pm

Hey, my passenger corner light is almost exaclty like that too, and it was from when it was pulling out my driveway after a snowstorm :evil: The piece that connects the corner light to the headlight broke, and i didnt feel like buying a new headlight lol

Oh sorry, by the way very nice job on the exhaust setup
SolDoubt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Top Secret: Dual TRD Exhaust Complete! **Pix**

Postby Paladin06Greg » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:28 am

Please tell me where you got the duals installed!!!

FLASH wrote:I am SOO excited. Dropped off my car this morning and went and picked it up on break at work. Here's the setup:

1) 2.5" Piping from catback
2) Y-Pipe into Dual TRD mufflers
3) Stock Cat

It's BEAUTIFUL. I'll upload some pictures in the morning, it sounds about twice as loud as the single TRD...this time there's no resonator as well. The shop did an incredible job. I had this planned for so long and it took me forever to save up, and I wanted to do something TOTALLY unique, Dual TRD was screamin at me.

As you can see in the last one, I actually hammered in the spare tire whell so the muffler could fit, and they wouldn't charge me extra for that :lol:
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby Astro » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:16 am

FLASH wrote:I believe Astro has True dual. This may sound crazy, but I can feel a SIGNIFICANT power gain now. especially in like 2nd gear around 3500 rpms, it really pushes like never before. Only other thing that may affect that is I started using a different gas company, but sitll regular grade gas.

I don't have true dual. That is when you have 2 downpipes that go into 2 cats, then to 2 mufflers. My exhaust is the same as yours, split after the cat. Anyways, awesome job. Looks beautiful!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby FLASH » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:07 am

hrmp, i was under the impression you had true dual. Oh well, guess i was wrong!

Paladin06Greg,
I got it done at a local muffler shop, real small place that's only been in business for a few years, here in South Jersey.

==FLASH==
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Paladin06Greg » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:25 pm

OK, duals going on tomorrow a.m.. I special ordered some really cool tips but got the wrong ones. I'll have to stick with the TRD tips for a day or so..

Price for install $125.00.. Duals from the cat back. No more Resonator..
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby FLASH » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:39 pm

You're doing dual TRD as well? Man...that unique ideal of mine didn't last long... :roll:
==FLASH==
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Paladin06Greg » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:01 pm

Hey a good thing speads fast. :wink: I've been thinking about it for about 3 monthd now but business travel has prevented me from acting sooner.

Hey in the end I'll have some very unique chrome tips so you'll be safe again.. LOL :P

One other thing, I got rid of the stock cat long ago. It went bye, bye when I install the JP Performance headers and Y-pipe.. 8)

FLASH wrote:You're doing dual TRD as well? Man...that unique ideal of mine didn't last long... :roll:
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby Mole » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:30 am

everyone has their uniqueness.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Paladin06Greg » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:57 pm

8) OK, duals in place. Looking sweet. A little louder then I had thought but, I'll get use to it.

See you guys tomorrow. Time to print that map.. 8)
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5