[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone install strobe blinkers?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Anyone install strobe blinkers?

Anyone install strobe blinkers?

Postby thealkimo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:27 pm

I did a search but didn't find much on this subject...but has anyone installed a Hyperblinker or a comparable brand of strobe blinker onto your Solara? If so, how do you install and how much should it cost? I found this one on ebay (unsure if its genuine...looks generic to me) for about $20...is it usable or total trash? Thanks for any info or opinions on this product or on strobe blinkers in general!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42613&item=2472679514&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CASTRO » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:49 pm

i used that before :P its a little ricey though, the blinker is loud/annoying enough. the brand that i bought was a hyperblinker on ebay for only about 10bucks. Be warned though, those fast blinkers are total COP magents. not good im my opinion. It seems that it is universal and if you need help, search up the hyperblinker site if they still exist and they got tutorials and picture everythign to help out. *listen for the clicking sound. its under the front plastic left to the brakes. A little black box about 1x1.5 inches.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby WTF?? » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:44 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Strobe???

Hyperblinkers are cool...... refer to the Electro Myst clip on the link below to give you a Idea for your solara.... its the second solara..........

http://home.comcast.net/~LouisTortora/P ... _Kondo.htm

lol i think only me and milt hav em on the boards... well that i know of :drinking:
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:26 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Strobe???

Hyperblinkers are cool...... refer to the Electro Myst clip on the link below to give you a Idea for your solara.... its the second solara..........

http://home.comcast.net/~LouisTortora/P ... _Kondo.htm
STROBES :drinking: you know you like them milt haha pull over
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby MGLax13 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:54 pm

I have strobes in my blinkers. Blue in the front and clear in the back, but it's in the brake light so it lights red. People get the hell out my way now :lol:
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:42 am

I had strobe blinker, what it means is that it blink 6 times faster than factory one. Because it blink so fast, it seens like storbe light. I had it for more than one year and never had trouble with cops (i had 5" tip exhaust too). if you want i can have it 10 dollars shipped.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby WTF?? » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:08 am

miltdoggie wrote:Ive always known that to be a hyperblinker......

same here

at first I thot the thread subj meant actual "strobes" in the headlights or on the markers
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:18 pm

solara nytez wrote:
miltdoggie wrote:Ive always known that to be a hyperblinker......

same here

at first I thot the thread subj meant actual "strobes" in the headlights or on the markers
thats why i said i got those lol
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby thealkimo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:19 pm

Sorry for the confusion guys...I just meant an accelerated signal indicator, but didn't really know what else to call it without calling it a brand name (Hyper Blinker). So any form of an accelerated signal indicator is illegal? To me it seems like it would almost be safer since it attracts more attention...but then again that could be the problem--they're distracting.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kondo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:58 pm

i got them too i use it in front of cops all the time its cool
99 sle, 03 evo
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby FLASH » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:21 pm

I'm not sure if the blinking speed is a legal issue or not..if you look at firebirds and trans ams, they're blinkers blink REALLY fast, not strobe light fast, but not the same pace as most cars. I would imagine if there was a standard that all cars would follow it.

UltraSlowSolara -You got one you want to get rid of? Is it the kind that attachs to the fuse box or whatever? You got PM.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5