[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Molding Body Kit onto my car...
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Molding Body Kit onto my car...

Molding Body Kit onto my car...

Postby dabigswoll » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:44 pm

I was thinking about molding my body kit onto my car, but I dont know where to start. I think that i would need a heat gun and a lot of time, but Im not sure. What do yall guys think about even doing something like this?
dabigswoll
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:30 pm

I don't know what application your bumper is for but are you positive it will fit? And do you know what you have to do to make it fit? (I don't)
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dabigswoll » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:35 pm

I have the trd body kit...
dabigswoll
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:52 pm

Oh I thought you were talking about retrofitting a bumper. Sorry.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:58 pm

wow i thought about this until i noticed the rear bumper does not go all the way across :-? its not a DIY you need to bondo it or kittyhair it its a big process and after all that you need to repaint the whole car and if you are lowered and you hit a dip n crack it then your sol its gonna look like crap
Astro has his molded i like the molded look but its hard to maintain
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby dabigswoll » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:02 am

is there a pic of Astro's car somewhere?
dabigswoll
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:39 am

dabigswoll wrote:is there a pic of Astro's car somewhere?

I don't have the TRD kit, I have the Black Widow kit. But, it is molded and it is very hard to take care of. One major thing to worry about is body flex. This causes stress between the body and kit and may cause cracks. Also, being lowered you'll have to be very careful not to scrape to much because you have no play. Every time you scrape the pressure may cause cracking. I love the molded look, but I didn't have much of a choice because the fiberglass kits don't fit perfectly. If your car is a daily driver, I'd suggest NOT molding the kit. Good luck on your descision.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5