[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Reset Airbag Light
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Reset Airbag Light

Reset Airbag Light

Postby noodlerooney » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:03 am

After installing my reverse indiglo guages, I noticed that my airbag light was on. To reset it I did the following.

Locate the diagnostics port under the hood on the passenger's side near the firewall. Locate pins TC and AB. There is a chart on the inside of the cover.

Insert key and turn ignition to ACC and wait approx. 6 seconds.
Starting with pin TC, alternately ground pin TC and AB twice, holding ground approx. 1/2 second for each. Hold ground to TC at end. When grounding one, release ground on the other.
The factory manual says to hold ground for 1 second but I couldn't get it to reset this way.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the right pins and don't let them touch each other!!!!!

Your airbag light should now be flickering telling you that it has been reset. Turn ignition off, remove wires, done.

If they did not reset, try again. Of course, if you have a problem in the airbag system, the light will return.
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

????

Postby manueliscool » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:29 pm

Will this work for a gen 2?
manueliscool
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby noodlerooney » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:58 am

Don't know, try it, it might.