[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pcv Catch Can
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Pcv Catch Can

Pcv Catch Can

Postby noodlerooney » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:11 am

In order to stop oil from being sucked into the intake manifold via the pcv valve, I installed a fuel filter oil catch can. This will prevent your motor oil from gumming up your intake manifold. Just find a clear/translucent fuel filter with both nipples on top and facing in the same direction and install it inline between the pcv valve and your intake manifold. I used some transmission oil lines I had hanging around. Make sure you pay attention to the flow arrows on the fuel filter. Install hose from pcv valve to the in arrow on the fuel filter and another line from the fuel filter out arrow to the intake manifold. I used spring clip clamps on the fuel filter to make it easy to empty the filter when it gets about 1/4 full. Just pull off the lines, empty the filter of oil (empty out through the nipple on the outside rim of the fuel filter so you don't go thru the filter element) and then reconnect. You will be amazed at the amount of oil that was previously being sucked into your intake manifold. You can view my www page to see where I mounted the fuel filter catch can.
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby roger182nd » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:18 am

I successfully used a compressor filter].

[[/img]
roger182nd
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:05 am

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5