[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 1.5 Front Valence on a Gen 1
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Gen 1.5 Front Valence on a Gen 1

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Hey TRD MCV20L I did this conversion and I have a slight open gap where the front valences touch the bumper (the glue tape didn't stick) do you have the same? I'm wondering if theres something I could use to fill the gaps.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jazzlara » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:18 pm

i put mine on a long time ago. it doesnt come close to fitting. either you have a gap in the middle, or the end of the valance will stick out in front of the car. u need to just reapply it every year.
jazzlara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:15 pm

jazzlara wrote:i put mine on a long time ago. it doesnt come close to fitting. either you have a gap in the middle, or the end of the valance will stick out in front of the car. u need to just reapply it every year.

Whats a good glue to reapply it with ??
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jazzlara » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:22 pm

^^i just bought 3M adhesive tape and im gonna have to get an 'adhesive promotor' --probably sold at any hardware store. then clean the area, apply the promotor, then apply the valance.
jazzlara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:38 pm

jazzlara wrote:^^i just bought 3M adhesive tape and im gonna have to get an 'adhesive promotor' --probably sold at any hardware store. then clean the area, apply the promotor, then apply the valance.

So basically the same stuff. I guess nothing sticks better.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jazzlara » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:47 pm

^^ nope, 3M is good stuff. its just that the valance for the 1.5 is molded differently than the gen1 which you probably know. buts its harder than one thinks to make it look 'show' quality on a gen1.
jazzlara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:59 pm

Heck YEAH!!!! I was having a hard time just making it fit and look right... Big gap in it now and I have to redo mine when the air gets cooler..
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby thealkimo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:27 am

just be sure to use atleast two screws per valence and have someone help you make sure it's all aligned properly before applying pressure...
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JAYDEE23 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:44 pm

thealkimo wrote:just be sure to use atleast two screws per valence and have someone help you make sure it's all aligned properly before applying pressure...

exactly..this really is a pc of cake to fit right..did a freinds last night and it looks perfect

i will post pics when i do mine also about where exactly to mount the screws..
JAYDEE23
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5