[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 1.5 Front Valence on a Gen 1
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Gen 1.5 Front Valence on a Gen 1

Gen 1.5 Front Valence on a Gen 1

Postby TRD MCV20L » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:33 pm

Just a quick look of how it will be when done
Since none of the mounting points match up on the gen1 and 1.5 i had to add a screw in so that i could mount up the gen 1.5 valence.
The 2 screws that i put in the front
I zip tied the center mount on the kit to the tow hook for added support.
Adjusting the zip ties
Heres a pic of the bolt that i added next to the stock bolt.
Coner angle shot of finished product.
Top view
Font View
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

TRD MCV20L - Keid Gen 1.5 Valences on Gen 1

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:07 pm

Nice job Keid and thanks for postin' pics bro 8) !
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:22 am

Nice!
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRD MCV20L » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:49 am

-MiltDoggie- wrote:Question, does the zip tie really hold that good?? I dont like that Idea, but as long as you cannot see it.. It is all good..
You cant see the zip ties. As for it working im not really sure if its doing anything. I just put it there so make use of the extra mounting hole. I guess anything is better than nothing. :D
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TS04 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:42 am

TRD MCV20L wrote:
-MiltDoggie- wrote:Question, does the zip tie really hold that good?? I dont like that Idea, but as long as you cannot see it.. It is all good..
You cant see the zip ties. As for it working im not really sure if its doing anything. I just put it there so make use of the extra mounting hole. I guess anything is better than nothing. :D

All you gotta do is take it on the highway. That'd be a tough enough test.
04 Solara SE Sport Coupe Black
35% Tint Sides, 20% Back
Clear Corners
Blue Illuminated Entry
Mike T' Black Combo Grills
TS04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Vi3tT3kNiqz » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:31 am

nice, that's exactly how i did mine without the zip tie. When you zip tie it, dont u think it's pulling on the kit and maybe the adhesive on the kit? I think it's better without the zip tie pulling on it.
Vi3tT3kNiqz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cdeez » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:30 am

that is a great job. so every thing on the outside of the body matches up correct? its the just the mounting points that don't match up right?
last standing...
Socalara...
cdeez
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRD MCV20L » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:07 pm

TS04 wrote:
TRD MCV20L wrote:

I took it on the highway in the pouring rain yesterday. The real test will be this weekend at autocross
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD MCV20L » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:09 pm

cdeez wrote:that is a great job. so every thing on the outside of the body matches up correct? its the just the mounting points that don't match up right?

Yeah I got everything to match up. Just the mounting points are different. Also the front of the valence has a different curve.
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD MCV20L » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:10 pm

Vi3tT3kNiqz wrote:nice, that's exactly how i did mine without the zip tie. When you zip tie it, dont u think it's pulling on the kit and maybe the adhesive on the kit? I think it's better without the zip tie pulling on it.

I just added the zip ties for added support. I didn't make it really tight so its not pulling that much.
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Vi3tT3kNiqz » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:21 pm

question: do you consider this plug and play? I do, since no extra skills were required except to drill some holes. I also had to drill holes to fit the sideskirts. So the people with gen 1 might want to jump on michael's deal on the gen 1.5 kits, u have seen 2 gen 1 with gen 1.5 kits on. Need more proof? :lol:
Vi3tT3kNiqz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby John7429 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:34 pm

TRD MCV20L wrote:
TS04 wrote:
TRD MCV20L wrote:

I took it on the highway in the pouring rain yesterday. The real test will be this weekend at autocross

you never posted how the autocross test went... how did it go? hehehe
John7429
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:54 pm

im curious how many holes had to be drilled.. and what were you drilling into? Also does the angle of the front valances look funny since its not for a 99... also if u got it to curve like a gen 1, how did u do it and was it easy
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby TRD MCV20L » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:40 pm

John7429 wrote:
TRD MCV20L wrote:
TS04 wrote:
TRD MCV20L wrote:

you never posted how the autocross test went... how did it go? hehehe

The Autocross test went well. Nothing got damaged or fell off. W00t! I just had some rubber marks on the front valence and down the side of my side skirt. :oops:
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5