[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lighting options
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Lighting options

Lighting options

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:49 pm

For those who don't know what options they have with their lights, ie cluster lights, dash lights, center console lights, glove box light, dome light, visor lights, etc. Someone told me about this before but I can't remember who (sorry) but you can actually get ANY color you want! The secret is...........Nail Polish! I got a jar of cherry red for 99 cents and my cluster looks sweetly red. Just make sure it's dry before you light up the light or it can bubble. Looks better than a sharpie for the HVAC controls too. Just wanted to publicize this for ppl who want to easily customize their lighting colors.
Josh
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby greeensolara » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:02 am

good shieeet man, never thaught of this
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:54 pm

-MiltDoggie- wrote:Are you sure it is not going to BURN???

Yeah I'm sure! I've had them in my cluster and my hvac controls for the past month with no probs. The stuff sticks to glass a lot better than a sharpie, has better color than a sharpie, and still can last forever. I got my girlfriend to buy it for me, didn't want to be seen buying nail polish and have someone suggest a good lipstick color too :oops:

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bassthrive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:29 pm

I was the first to try this mod with excellent results. Holds up to heat and the test of time. Highly recommended as a cheap way to color your interior lighting - plus you dont have to worry about getting the exactly right color/size/wattage bulbs.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby pythonjosh » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:40 pm

-MiltDoggie- wrote:Does it hold up better than touch up paint, cus Ive tried that and that burns after a few minutes....

If touch up paint burns, then yes this is better. :D
:x <--Doesn't this smiley look like he's laying a brick?

pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby greeensolara » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:50 pm

i wonder if this also works on fog and head lights, if anyone has tried this, lmk, coz im about to undergo this experiment. holla
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bassthrive » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:00 pm

greeensolara wrote:i wonder if this also works on fog and head lights, if anyone has tried this, lmk, coz im about to undergo this experiment. holla

No way dude. I said nail polish is durable, not indestructible. Your headlights get way too hot and will probably explode if you paint them.
:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby greeensolara » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:05 pm

hahahaha, just makin sure
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:01 am

I second that dude. You'll most likely blow your bulbs. You can tint your headlight lens tho. Or use colored cellophane. Cheap mods, all you gotta do is bake your headlights to get the lenses off. Be creative!

pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

man

Postby redgen1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:03 am

great idea, im gonna have to try that this weekend
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby QuickSEV6 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:11 am

Josh,
Did you paint your clock too? I hate that green and I want to chage the color of my clock to a nice blue.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby pythonjosh » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:37 pm

QuickSEV6 wrote:Josh,
Did you paint your clock too? I hate that green and I want to chage the color of my clock to a nice blue.

Ya I red sharpied my clock. Turned out more orange than red, but it sure beat that damn green. The untainted color of the clock is a light green, just put some blue sharpie on the shield and it should look absolutely perfect IMO.

pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5