[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quick guide for Wheel Offset Understanding
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Quick guide for Wheel Offset Understanding

Quick guide for Wheel Offset Understanding

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:47 am

Since this questions has come up so many times with new and old members i thought i would post a understanding of how offset works with the Gen 1 and 1.5 platform solara's...

here are examples of width of rims and offsets that should work with the solara:

7" width Wheels you can use anything that is +45 or lower
7.5" width wheels you can use frm +42 or lower
8" width you can use +40mm
8.5" should use +38 but no higher then +35 offset. For the solara anything with 8.5 width you will have to roll the rear fenders if you are lowered with those offsets. even if you run 225 tires. Tho with 8.5 i would recommend 235 tires.
9" Will not fit. I test fitted and even with the correct offset i couldnt get them to sit inside the wheel well.

The Higher the number goes the farther the wheel will sit inward.
the Lower the number goes the farther the wheel will sit outward.

Here is a link to tirerack just in case you didn't understand my explaination
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

Hope this helps.
Last edited by indiglosolara on Mon May 16, 2005 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Vi3tT3kNiqz » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 pm

thankz alot :D
Vi3tT3kNiqz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby methyl mike » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:14 pm

I have a question on this- I'm getting 8.5 wide rims (axis hiro) and I want to know, how can I arrange the offsets so that the rear sits a little wider than the front? Im thinking an offset of 38 in front, 35 in back. WIll that make a difference? Maybe 40 or 45 in front, 35 in back? Also with the tires, I can run 235 40 right? What about 245 40? 255 40? 255 35? I wanna get the fattest thinnest tires I can, without making the rims look small or something.
methyl mike
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JAYDEE23 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:11 pm

JAYDEE23
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby methyl mike » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:51 am

That helps, thanks.
methyl mike
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver