[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 4cyl Sparkplug Change
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

4cyl Sparkplug Change

4cyl Sparkplug Change

Postby quadra » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:06 pm

I found a good spark plug replacement tutorial for a 4cyl at scionlife:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43053

I'd double check on the type of spark plugs to use. There's a sticker on my '02 solara under the engine cover which recommends using only Iridium type plugs.

If you get Denso / Iridium plugs (IK20), they also warn you Never use a round gapping tool to check the gap or to increase or decrease the gap setting.

They should come pre-gapped, so their warning to NEVER TOUCH THE ELECTRODE should be easy to follow.
quadra
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5