[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Programming the remote and transponder key
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Programming the remote and transponder key

Postby SolaraHop » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi,
Did any one has successfully programmed a transponder key for 2004 Solara using this tutorial?
Thank you!
SolaraHop
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby feniks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 pm

thought it would be a good idea for all 99-01 solara owners to see the "official" alarm owner guide. alarm model in your car is RS3000 and was made by Fujitsu Ten (for Toyota):
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/ ... rminfo.htm

it covers all programming steps (changing alarm modes, automatic door locks, valet mode, glass breakage sensor adjustment, adding remotes) except for programming the key.
'02 Solara SLE 1MZ-FE/A541E Coupe .: Denso : Akebono SP : HIR :. @ 125k
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E Coupe .: NGK : Hawk HPS : Philips Xtreme : RC : Magnefine :. @ 79k
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Programming the remote and transponder key

Postby gmori7 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:34 am

Ok, I seriously need help. I just called the nearest dealer and they told me my car (solara 2000 4cyl) came with keyless remote once new. I currently don't have any. I gave them the VIN and they confirmed I can buy a remote from them (180$). Now I'm trying to enter programming mode before buying one on eBay and it just does not work. I followed the procedure on http://www.programyourremote.com/classi ... sp?id=1219. However, I have the "security" flashing red LED in my dash. Does this mean something? Did all Solara come equipped with OEM keyless remote? Need help please.

Thank you!

Gabriel
gmori7
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby St.Anton » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 pm

gmori7: I got a car with factory keyless and I entered programming mode using those instructions in one try.
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby St.Anton » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:07 am

Hey does anyone know if there is a way to program the remote so the unlock button affects both doors on the first try? I forget to do the double press every time.
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jrsat012001 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am

Hi every one... first off this site is great... great info and sources

I purchased a "new to me" solara 2001 SEL and did not get any remotes...

I bought 2, so far so good.... then I tried all the programming methods I could fine, finally this one... (below) worked, "sort of"... in step 5, I get 2 lock unlock cycles from the computer, "before attempting to program remotes" .... and then it doesn't see the remotes... urrrg... reading blogs about 2 lock unlock cycles after programming means it did not accept the changes....

any help greatly welcome...

Regards, JR

1. Start with the following conditions:
a) Key is out of the ignition
b) Driver door is open (all other doors are closed)
c) Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter)
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a)Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door (with the driver's door still open and unlocked), perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. A lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver's door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b)Close, then open, the driver's door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock, as you did previously.
b) Turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
c) Again, turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
d) Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) automatically, indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter (the remote) simultaneously for 1 second.
b) Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and hold it for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b, as this means the remote has not been accepted.
c) Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle, including any old transmitters.
7. Close driver's door.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
jrsat012001
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5