[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Programming the remote and transponder key
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Programming the remote and transponder key

Programming the remote and transponder key

Postby OKANG » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:11 pm

Here is how to program the remote and transponder key. This will work on some other Toyota models as well. In fact, the remote instructions were taken from a Toyota Sienna web site. It took me a couple of tries to do this, but it's not that hard. Just be careful and follow the instructions.

The key:

1. Simultaneously depress and release the brake and
accelerator pedals 1 time (one instruction kind of hints that you
should hold the pedals down while you insert the master key, the next
step).
2. Insert the master key in the ignition, but do not turn it.
3. Within 15 seconds press & release the accelerator pedal 5 times.
4. Then within 20 seconds press & release the brake pedal 6 times.
5. Within 10 seconds remove the master key, and insert the new key.
6. Within 10 seconds press & release the accelerator 1 time.
7. The security light will stay off after 60 to 80 seconds indicating the re-programming was successful.
8. Remove the new key, and depress & release the brake pedal
1 time.

The Remote:

1. Start with the following conditions:
a) Key is out of the ignition
b) Driver door is open (all other doors are closed)
c) Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter)
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a)Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door (with the driver's door still open and unlocked), perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. A lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver's door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b)Close, then open, the driver's door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock, as you did previously.
b) Turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
c) Again, turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
d) Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) automatically, indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter (the remote) simultaneously for 1 second.
b) Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and hold it for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b, as this means the remote has not been accepted.
c) Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle, including any old transmitters.
7. Close driver's door.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Programing remote for 2006

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:44 pm

I used the tutorial listed to program a remote for our 2006 Solara and it didn't work. Does anyone know if the procedure has changed? Thanks.
Phoebe
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solara86 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 pm

so if i have prestige alarm system i can go use a standard toyota one on my car or no. and is it just for stock alarm because my solara didnt come with an alarm
solara86
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Programing remote for 2006

Postby silversurfer220 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:39 pm

Phoebe wrote:I used the tutorial listed to program a remote for our 2006 Solara and it didn't work. Does anyone know if the procedure has changed? Thanks.

It doesnt work on my 2004 Solara either. I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist
VSC/NAV/6000K HID/XM/TRAC/CURTAIN
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GravityInvert » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:47 am

Yeh, I tried this on my 1999 Solara and it "seems" to work. I cannot get the remote to program, but the car does appear to go into programming mode. Though the locks cycle twice, not once as the instructions suggest.
GravityInvert
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Programing remote for 2006

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 pm

silversurfer220 wrote:
Phoebe wrote:I used the tutorial listed to program a remote for our 2006 Solara and it didn't work. Does anyone know if the procedure has changed? Thanks.

It doesnt work on my 2004 Solara either. I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.

I'm pretty sure the programming changed for gen 2
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby rossman945 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:42 pm

i have a keyless entry for a 1999 solara, it has 2 buttons. The top button I can lock, unlock, and if i hold the button, the alarm goes off. But what does the second button do? Is it possible to program it so I can open my trunk using those directions at the top of this page?

Thanks
rossman945
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dannynoarms » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:35 pm

I'm trying to program a keyfob for my '99 using these instructions, and my car does seem to enter programming mode, but like GravityInvert wrote it does two lock/unlock cycles instead of one, and it doesn't accept the new fob. Has anyone run across this before?
dannynoarms
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:35 pm

Rossman: It seems that you have an aftermarket alarm, because the OEM keyfob for a 99 has 3 seperate buttons: 2 on the front (Lock, Unlock) and one red one on the back (Panic). Also, the trunk is based on a different cable and lever mechanism and thus, I know this sucks monkey balls when you have your hands full, you can't open the trunk with remote without some modification.

Here's a link for a kit you can get, but I just did a last Minute Google and this came up.
http://www.truckstuffusa.com/powertrunk ... clife.html
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dc3886 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:16 pm

I have tried programming my 2000 Solara keyless remote with the directions above. I don't think I have a dealership installed system, there is not a box under my seat. Has anyone else had this problem?
dc3886
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fastsolara » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm

ok, tis doesnt work... i tried in many different ways! my car is a 2000 V6 and this is suppossed to work, so why isnt it?
2000 Solara SE V6 5sp w/ all options, 57k
6000k HID head lights
8000k HID fog lights
Reverse Indiglo Gauges
Performance Chip
Custom black grill (very nice)
20% tinted windows
Supra Brake Calipers
fastsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Gen 2 Solara Remote Programming

Postby shmeebs » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:10 pm

From the fine folks at www.programyourremote.com (thank you very much to them). If you have another make or model, chances are you will find the programming instructions at this very helpful website.

This worked PERFECTLY on my 2006 Solara:

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
d. Close the drivers door
Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

GOOD LUCK!
shmeebs
shmeebs
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby shocar4 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:47 pm

this is such a pain! i bought a remote for my 99 because it didn't come with one when i bought it...even though it does have keyless entry under the armrest! i tried the programming instruction from above and the one that came with the fob and i can't get the car to go into the programming mode! ahhh i'm so irritated! help please!
99DWP SC 4psi, TRD shortshifter, 305 RC's, Jim's fuel, iK22, 190lph walbro, ssfc, 170 thermo, greddy catback!(SOLD)
99DWP SC 4psi, Injen CAI, TRD exhaust, TRD shortshifter, Jim's Fuel, Magnecore wires, NGK Iridium IX!(SOLD)
shocar4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

does this work for any key with a chip?

Postby carisav34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:54 am

I lost my keys to my 99 solara sle and I'm trying to find out if I can get it to start with a new key without going through the dealership for a whole new ECU unit. If I had a new key with a chip - could I reprogram it to start my car without having a master key for car?

just wondering...
carisav34
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: does this work for any key with a chip?

Postby tynan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:23 am

carisav34 wrote:I lost my keys to my 99 solara sle and I'm trying to find out if I can get it to start with a new key without going through the dealership for a whole new ECU unit. If I had a new key with a chip - could I reprogram it to start my car without having a master key for car?

just wondering...

no i think you need the master key..
tynan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5