[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Easy Alternative Solution to Trunk Rattling
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Easy Alternative Solution to Trunk Rattling

Postby SleeperSolara » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:36 am

I haven't had an problems.
But sounds like a good things to do.
Some people can rattle that piece out.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Sap Z » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:41 am

you know wat there is somethin in my right rear speker tht rattles..i'm gonna chk it out soon..

thx
SapZ
V6 SE DWP

Sap Z
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 am

I put crap inbetween the plastic holder and the metal things a long time ago, but IM not sure if they are there now... might have to do this.. good work
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Rattling

Postby brad44nb » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:03 am

recently bought 10'' subs and noticed a lot of rattling. I went to the trunk and realized it was something on my rear deck. I put pressure with my hand on the rear break light on the deck and it stopped. This probably stopped since it put pressure underneath where that bracket is. I will try this procedure and see how it works. thanks.!!!!!!
brad44nb
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:47 pm

*Note: Edwardw818 is my old account; long story...* That lack of "pressure" may do it too... Probably needs some bolts tightened or insulation (but it's hard as hell to get to removing the top cover that results in taking out the whole backside); my HU's volume goes up to #63, but the rattling addressed in this tutorial happened around 22-30-ish, which isn't even that loud. However, I still have slight vibration issues, but at least it wasn't as obnoxious as it was with the bracket in place.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5