[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Levoc Auto Shifter
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Levoc Auto Shifter

Levoc Auto Shifter

Postby SpikedMantis » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:43 pm

I just did mine this weekend and thought I'd post my experience.

**This is a down and dirty, no frills install. This requires no special tools.

Tool checklist:
Flathead screwdriver
Phillips screwdriver
Electrical tape
Scissors or box cutter
New screw to replace OEM ones

1) Keep battery connected, turn key to on position without starting the car and move the original shifter to D, L, or 2, whichever is easier for you.
2) Use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the 2 round covers on the front of the shifter.
3) Use phillips screwdriver to remove the 2 screws now exposed.
4) Push in shifter button, and pull up on the entire shifter. You should be stopped by the O/D wires.
5) Pull out the plastic piece of the bottom of the shifter. It should just snap out. This will give you more space for the next step.
6) Cut the O/D wires as high and close to the OEM shifter. It will give you more slack to work with when reconnecting them.
7) Take of old shifter, slowly let go of button. If you do it too quickly, it will pop out. No big deal really.
8) Put on the rubber bottom that comes with the Levoc shifter to the new shifter. Measure how far you need to cut the rubber bottom. I ended up cutting about an inch or so. The wires from the Levoc shifter should thread through this rubber piece also.
9) Strip about an inch of wire casing from the 2 O/D wires now exposed, and repeat with the wires coming out of the Levoc shifter. You may want to shorten the Levoc wires since they're freakin' long!
10) Connect one wire from the original O/D to the one on the Levoc shifter. Repeat with the other wires. It doesn't matter what order, as long as one from each is connected to one from the other.
11) Test O/D button now that electrical wiring is done. Levoc shifters require 2 presses to turn on/off the O/D. Do not double click quickly, or it will not read.
12) If everything is working, tape up the exposed wires with electrical tape.
13) Shove the excess wires into the shifter console, and use 3 hex screws to hold the shifter in place (2 in the front, 1 in the back).
14) Buy a new screw because the OEM ones don't fit now (at least for me) and screw in the final screw in the front of the shifter. The OEM shifter uses 2, but the Levoc shifter only requires one, but it needs to be longer.
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5