[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ACIS power mod.
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

ACIS power mod.

ACIS power mod.

Postby Nyyankees3511 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Hey everyone, after a couple of days of researching i found a mod we can do to the acis system. The acis is a butterfly valve that opens around 3700 and you feel a little kick around that but what you dont know is that you loose around 10hp before it opens. Here is the graph http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=4 i have to give credit to some of the guys on clublexus. What you want to do is shut the valve at all rpms.
Steps
1. Take the black engine cover off.
2. Look at the acis valve and follow the vac line to where it goes under the cover.
3. Look under your battery and you will see the vac cannister with two vac lines going to it, follow the vac line thats closeset to the front of the car and follow it up to where it connects under the black cover.
4. You will see that it connects to a small metal pipe that goes all the way to the left. At the end you will see a small vac line that goes from that rod to a plastic piece, that has a wiring harness that goes into it. Disconnect that small vac line.
5. Now take the vac line that goes from acis valve and disconnect it from the plastic piece and connect it to the metal rod instead of the small vac line.
To test just start the car and see if the vac line sucked the valve towards the yellow screw.
You are done if you find this confusing ill take pics tommorrow and post it.
I found that i didnt loose any low end and the car accelerated faster, it also sounded meaner.
1999 SLE Red metallic/black interior
TRD RSB, Jim's Torque rod, K&N, Interior leds
Nyyankees3511
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lilm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:14 pm

why is the use for it?....why give it less power?
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BradOwens » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:20 pm

so this helps gain power? i looked at the dyno chart and it looked like it gained a slight power increase in the hp and tq curve. give us a more in depth review i think were all interested.
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Nyyankees3511 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:27 pm

Well the main point is that the valve closes too late and thats why you see the dip in the curve. With the valve open all the time you will eliminate it, and i personally think the engine sounds better. This mod is completely reversible give it a try. I was impressed. For those that think youll lose some low end you might be right but i didnt notice a change at all in torque.
Last edited by Nyyankees3511 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyyankees3511
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lilm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 pm

what i mean is why would toyota put it on there if it gives the engine less power?
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Nyyankees3511 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Its something im trying to figure out still, but it does make the car quieter. If you do the mod the engine gets a little louder.
Nyyankees3511
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lilm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Two and three stage Acoustic Control Induction Systems can be found on various Toyota models. Both systems operate on the same principles, however the 3-stage system is able to tune the intake manifold to 3 lengths instead of 2. 3-stage Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS) uses two valves inside the air intake manifold to create the effect of 3 intake runner lengths. The ECM is able to select from these 3 lengths to effectively tune the intake manifold to engine operating conditions so that a pulse of high intake pressure is immediately available when the intake valve opens. The engine uses these high-pressure pulses to pull an unusually large volume of air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber, effectively supercharging the engine and increasing torque.
Benefit: Increases power output at all speeds

seems like it should stay as it is.....or does doing this keep the butterfly open at ALL TIMES?
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby solaraN8 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:56 pm

if toyota designed it like that i think ill stick with how it is.. they had to have done tons of R&D on it before they began utilizing it, so if they think it should be in there ill trust em...
TOTALLED..Stupid Deer.. 2k v6 solara 5speed,tein/tokico, trd bodykit, twm short shifter, metalized tint, borla exhaust, k&n filter,euro corners, nexo wheels...
New Car, 2003 IS300 5mt
solaraN8
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Nyyankees3511 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:08 am

Im still testing on my car, it seems a little faster from 30 -40.
Nyyankees3511
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:21 am

Nice man.
Now picture will help.
I read it but will have to look under the hood to see what you talkin' about.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby BradOwens » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 am

i might try this later today. wat u all think?? according to tht guys dyno charts its good for around +10 hp/tq in the 3250-4500 range. i just wanna make sure this wont mess up anything or possibly decrease gas milage.
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:58 am

BradOwens wrote:i might try this later today. wat u all think?? according to tht guys dyno charts its good for around +10 hp/tq in the 3250-4500 range. i just wanna make sure this wont mess up anything or possibly decrease gas milage.

Well improvein' the OEM is sometimes good. :D :D
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby CASTRO » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:11 pm

i did it when I was N/A, It felt more sluggish with a heavy load on the car. As for performance, I guess you can think of it as what the honda boys call "VTEC killer cams" Since its always on, you have a steady power curve, but at times when you need a change in intake length for torque, it might not be there.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:36 pm

CASTRO wrote:i did it when I was N/A, It felt more sluggish with a heavy load on the car. As for performance, I guess you can think of it as what the honda boys call "VTEC killer cams" Since its always on, you have a steady power curve, but at times when you need a change in intake length for torque, it might not be there.

Just did it, really.
Will post pictures if people need help.
It really easy.
The engine reponses is better slightly.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby that1mexguy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Yes please, pics will help illiterate people like me.. thanks! :)
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5