[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Carputer Install
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Carputer Install

Carputer Install

Postby '00vegas-solara » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:45 am

I've gotten quite a few PM's since joining Solaraguy asking for details on how my Carputer is wired up, so I thought I'd give something back to the community. For anyone who's interested here's a wiring diagram on how my Carputer is setup. Hope it helps.

Last edited by '00vegas-solara on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
'00vegas-solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby AznDragonV » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:55 pm

how much does a carputer usually cost?
AznDragonV
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:28 pm

Laptops suck, use mini itx
http://www.mp3car.com/store/index.php?c ... 4977f1fedd
More customizability and video options.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby briantek » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:53 pm

Ok I made up my mind, this is amazing and I'm going to do this in the summer time. Just got one question, after hot gluing the LCD do you think the dash is ruined if I wanted to go back stock? Or would that stuff come off easily with goo-gone or something similar.
briantek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:22 pm

crowbar
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby skadoo323 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:19 pm

honestly a carputer is awesome. i put mines in around january and i think it the best mod that i have done to any car. you can do so much with it, which makes it even a better deal. i give credit to 00vegas-solara who has a very clean install. i'm still using my factory headunit but with an aux input. i kind of don't want to do any custom mods b/c i bought a coupe with the intention to keep it for short term and then to resell it, but who knows that may change. but back on topic.....go for it!!! check out www.mp3car.com for more info.

oh yeah and about the hot glue part to the dash, hot glue wont work. you will need something stronger. i'm not sure what the temps in your are are like in the summer, but in MD hot glue would def not stick and next thing you know your lcd is laying somewhere. before i used a gooseneck to attach my lcd to, since i could then remove my lcd when i parked the car. kind of like the whole detachable face for head unit idea.
skadoo323
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5