[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 'JDM' black headlight adjustments
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

'JDM' black headlight adjustments

'JDM' black headlight adjustments

Postby tegger » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:03 am

I just installed a pair of the 'JDM' black headlights with matching corner lights. I must admit, they look great. But... functionality sucks.

I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting them. I turn the adjustment screw and the lights never change. At this point, I might have to pull them out as I like looking down the road and not down on the road directly in front of the car.

Any ideas?
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby FLASH » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:28 am

I sent you PM, think about it.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby that1mexguy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:18 am

Just curious, how does this thread apply to "Tutorials"? (this post not directed to you tegger because i am sure you didnt put it here) :)
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Tutorial?

Postby tegger » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:42 am

Good question.

I posted that in hopes of someone knowing something I missed.

The end result was that the adjustments on the headlights don't work.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xavier » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:41 am

You might have to adjust the headlight brackets a bit if the headlight adjustment is maxed out. I have that problem too only sounds like mine is very minor compared to yours
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Adjustments

Postby tegger » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:19 pm

I was looking at the mounting point for the headlights and they appear to be welded in place.

The kicker is that the adjustment screws on these units don't work. The bulb assembly inside the housing moves around as though nothing is attached.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rnsmelody » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:04 pm

what you can do it put washers in place.. to manual adjust the headlamp..
rnsmelody
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Adjusting with washers?

Postby tegger » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:24 pm

The problem is that the adjustment screw is not attached to anything and it spins freely by hand.

In order to adjust with washers, I'd have to take the assembly apart. The vendor did respond to emails I sent to him. Just waiting to see what they are going to do.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Adjusting with washers?

Postby xavier » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:50 pm

tegger wrote:The problem is that the adjustment screw is not attached to anything and it spins freely by hand.

In order to adjust with washers, I'd have to take the assembly apart. The vendor did respond to emails I sent to him. Just waiting to see what they are going to do.

good luck
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby tegger » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:57 pm

Right now, I'm avoiding mentioning the vendors name. But, if he doesn't correct the issue with defective assemblies.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Quick Question, You guys have 'JDM' Headlights? The solara is not in japan, so how are they 'JDM'?

BTW Good Luck with the headlights.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tegger » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 pm

You got me.

I bought them because I liked the style.

I just had a 'professional' look at the assemblies. His comment was that the adjustment screws aren't attached also. The kicker is that he knows. He installs headlights on a domestic SUV at the manufacturing plant.

So far, the vendor is not very helpful.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby that1mexguy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Maybe if you tell us who this vendor is we can try to contact them as if we are interested in his products but then we tell him we heard they arent very reputable because we keep hearing bad things about them and who knows, you may get it fixed.
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jon11582 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:48 am

I have these headlights too. I think they are attached initially, but the screw attachment isnt OEM quality. i.e. it breaks easily.

I was turning up one initally..and it did move up...until I heard a sound that sounded like breaking plastic.

Good thing I already got them as high as I needed them, but I think adjustments do nothing now.

I doubt the vendor will be helpful at all, especially if its someone off ebay.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tegger » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm

I don't think the adjustments screws worked in the first place. I turned both sides a couple of turns in each direction and the headlight never moved. A friend of mine removed the gasket on the back like he was going to replace the bulb and noticed the reflector assembly wiggles in place.

The vendor was a ebay. Speed Fantasy. I bought the headlights, corner lights, and tail lights from him. So far, nothing but a run-around.
tegger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5