[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing Eibach/Tokico Combo
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Installing Eibach/Tokico Combo

Postby DavPak » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:59 am

Peter wrote:yeah, i know what u mean, i was like woooo woooo! when i got the email from davpak. thank him 2 million :D

isn't it more like woooo WOOOO!!

here at work, i have access to Alldata, that's a great resource.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Luc » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:06 pm

Peter wrote:thats what i thought, reason i asked was because he added (if automatic) and that confused me

ps: is that for front only, or do i have to worry about that for the rear also?

The traction control is only available for A/T, so with your 5-speed, you don't have to worry about it. You should be aware of the rear speed sensors, since all the ones I've seen/heard are from the back. There was a TSB about it also.

Luc
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:48 pm

ok, so can someone tell me what i should look out for and how can i prevent it from going wrong? so its the speed sensor right? or abs? let me know, also, what do i have to do w/ it? just dont move it or what?
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Luc » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:46 pm

What I did for all the Toyota/Lexus I worked on (1 Gen3, 2 Gen4, 1 Solara, 1 ES300) was after having the front (or rear) end supported on jack stands, I raised the jack to support the bottom of the axle carrier, so when the strut came off, it doesn't drop down, since the speed sensor and brake wires are attached to the rotor/caliper. The axle carrier will tilt outward, but it won't drop down.
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:29 pm

thanks, thats the exactly the kind of answer i was looking for. imma install tomorrow, i'll let u all know how it goes.
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby dbanker » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:53 am

I need some help real quick...

My Tokico/Eibachs are getting installed right now and the tech called me asking if I had an aftermarket dustboot that came with the struts that I need to install. I told them no and just to put the old dustboots back on the new struts and they said ok.

They also asked if the struts would fit correctly and I said they are made for the Camry but are based on the same platform therefore will fit fine in the busings/mounts. I'm sure this won't be a problem, they were just asking. What about the dusboots though?

Thanks-
dbanker
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:38 pm

Hey peter. can u send me that diagram for solara. im gettin the trd springs and bilstein shocks.. the diagram would help.. thanks

Kennyha1981@yahoo.com or u can IM me on AIM :iazuncupidi

thanks

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:50 pm

dbanker wrote:I need some help real quick...

My Tokico/Eibachs are getting installed right now and the tech called me asking if I had an aftermarket dustboot that came with the struts that I need to install. I told them no and just to put the old dustboots back on the new struts and they said ok.

They also asked if the struts would fit correctly and I said they are made for the Camry but are based on the same platform therefore will fit fine in the busings/mounts. I'm sure this won't be a problem, they were just asking. What about the dusboots though?

Thanks-

no problem, i used the stock dustboots. when are u getting ur car back?
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey peter. can u send me that diagram for solara. im gettin the trd springs and bilstein shocks.. the diagram would help.. thanks

Kennyha1981@yahoo.com or u can IM me on AIM :iazuncupidi

thanks

you got mail
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby 808Camry » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:30 am

Peter how did the install go? I'm getting mine in about two weeks.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dbanker » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:41 am

Peter- I went ahead and told them to use the old dustboot. Install went great and they completed it 2 days ago. I'm very pleased with the results, it's amazing what the difference is. I'm going to post my experience thusfar with the Tokico/Eibach combo in another thread here soon. How do you like yours?
dbanker
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:07 pm

808Camry wrote:Peter how did the install go? I'm getting mine in about two weeks.

install went great. it was smooth with no surprises except compressing was a bitch. just gotta have the right tools :wink: good luck w/ urs
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:08 pm

dbanker wrote:Peter- I went ahead and told them to use the old dustboot. Install went great and they completed it 2 days ago. I'm very pleased with the results, it's amazing what the difference is. I'm going to post my experience thusfar with the Tokico/Eibach combo in another thread here soon. How do you like yours?

yeah, im loving mine too. makes me wanna drive everywhere. i have a rsb with it too, so pulling hard turns is more fun that ever. :D i need to get an alignment though...anyone know what the price range is around?
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Slipstream » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:50 pm

How do you fix the speed sensor? Mine's busted. Will they have to reinstall the struts and how much will they charge?
Slipstream
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dbanker » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:17 pm

Makes me want to drive everywhere too :D I've been looking into getting a rear sway bar as well...though I may give it a while. Plus I'm getting new 18 wheels/tires at the beginning of summer so it'll handle even better. My car looks pretty much exactly like yours...I have a black 99 SLE with OEM '16 6-spoke wheels.

As for the allignment I paid about $50. You could probably find it a little cheaper. You may want to wait until you drive a few hundred miles though...or you could always go someplace that does lifetime allignments and do it now, then after about 500-1000 miles get it alligned again. I've heard several people say that after installing new struts/springs it's good to let them settle in and then do the allignment. I believe lifetime allignments cost about $120 or so.
dbanker
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5