[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FUEL FILTER..How to remove that pesky fuel filter
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

FUEL FILTER..How to remove that pesky fuel filter

FUEL FILTER..How to remove that pesky fuel filter

Postby JAYDEE23 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 pm

So i had my head under the hood for a good 30 min before common sense struck.

-Take off air box. top and bottom. Unbolt wiring against the adjacent panel.

-unclip the wiring attached to the fuel filter tab. This can be removed by sqeezing the bottom along the long sides and pulling up on top (kinda a pain)

i left the fuel filter brace attached as i removed the lower tube.

-Removing the lower (the hard one). what you need to do is get an adjustable wrench because a typical 14mm will strip the bolt. an adjustable, tightened and seated fully, will grab much better. you also need a 19mm wrench to hold the fuel filter. Look at your new fuel filter. you will see it has a hex on the bottom for the 19mm. the 14mm is what screws into the 19mm

the trick is to get the 19mm and 14mm positioned so you can basically sqeeze with one hand both wrenches. this will put lots of pressure and localize it to the nut to be removed since the 19mm is holding the filter still. hardest part here is getting them position close enough to be able to sqeeze em both. if you do not do it this way good luck..i cant imagine any other way to do it..

-remove the filter brace from the car for easier access to the upper.

Top- there are 2 little clips that can be pushed in with your fingernails to remove the black cover. then the gray clip is sqeezed together and the top will pull apart(again fingers worked for me)

replace the new filter usng obvious reverse methods.... :D
JAYDEE23
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5