[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacing Rear Cup Holders (gen1/1.5)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Replacing Rear Cup Holders (gen1/1.5)

Replacing Rear Cup Holders (gen1/1.5)

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:56 am

The pictures herein are from Gen4 camry. The same tutorial holds true for gen1 and gen1.5 solara's.
1.Tools Needed: Toyota part number 55630-AA10 (cup-holder), Philips-screw driver and a wrench and 12’ socket.
Toyota Part Number Picture:
12' Socket + Wrench
2.Open your center console and remove the carpet.
(for the sake of accessibility I did remove the top cover of the arm-rest; if you choose to remove this, there are two screws on top, this is again optional, I didn’t want to scratch or tear my leather).
3.You will see two Philips-screws that hold the cup-holder. The other two hold the entire unit to the floor. Remove all of them.
4.With a butter-knife find and locate the top tab that holds the cup-holder to the unit and from underside press up (see my hands in the picture where I’m pushing up).

Optional:

5.Since my replacement cup-holder was bluish/grey and my interior was tan, i repainted this to match my interior.

Before:
After:
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am

Yes i know i did a horrible job on the painting process!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby SleeperSolara » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:43 am

Good tutorial man.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:54 am

nice job. just get the color to match :P .. i think ill do the same. ive been wanting to do this for a while as well.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:22 am

woa_its_j3ff wrote:nice job. just get the color to match :P .. i think ill do the same. ive been wanting to do this for a while as well.

Thanks, this was a one of those liquid paints that i applied with a brush. i may go back to auto parts store to see if they have any of the spray can's. I've done painting's with both (well this was my first time with liquid paint and brush). the spray-can stuff is soo much easiler..but if you don't mask it well with the spray can, there are big chances of overspray in areas you don't want painted.
FYI: i got the cup holder from a dude at toyotanation for $20 shipped! :D
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby solarasweetie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:57 pm

1. your missing a number for the part number
2. how much did u get the part for?. *edit* i should read previous posts before i repost crap... *edit #2* so i also noticed that u cant curse. lol
<b>rock it 'cause its <i>stockkk...</i></b>....Image
solarasweetie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:15 am

solarasweetie wrote:1. your missing a number for the part number
2. how much did u get the part for?. *edit* i should read previous posts before i repost schlock-schlock-schlock... *edit #2* so i also noticed that u cant curse. lol

You can try here - http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213824&chapter=ARM8513&appSectionid=2648&groupid=3396&subgroupid=11650&componentid=10834&make=34&model=Camry%20solara&year=2001&graphicID=8513390&callout=16&catalogid=2
They list number 13 as the cup holder and number 16 in the pic is the cup holder. But, I know they can get it since they check many different dealerships. I'd probably contact them first, since I've gotten a wrong part before, even though I clicked on the one numbered in their picture.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:54 am

solarasweetie wrote:1. your missing a number for the part number
2. how much did u get the part for?. *edit* i should read previous posts before i repost schlock-schlock-schlock... *edit #2* so i also noticed that u cant curse. lol

I got it for $20 shipped (LOL) from a dude at TN! Just keep searching. I found another set shipped for $24 and acquired that as well.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby solarasweetie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:14 am

nice. thanks guys. i actually called up the local toyota dealer yesterday to see how much they would charge me for the part.... $76 & change!! geez.

and im gonna give trademotion a call. thanks astro
solarasweetie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:19 pm

^^ Honestly, just keep a look out on ebay and at tn. Most of the ebay stuff i've bought them off personally and resold them. Just go to a junkyard and pull one out yourself for $20.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby solarasweetie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:^^ Honestly, just keep a look out on ebay and at tn. Most of the ebay stuff i've bought them off personally and resold them. Just go to a junkyard and pull one out yourself for $20.

LOL. junk yard? ew.

i honestly havent been to one yet...
i should check it out :)
solarasweetie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:47 pm

I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago...except I bought the ENTIRE center console off ebay for 20 bucks, and replaced the whole thing (Yes, just because my cupholders were broken.)

As a bonus, my front cupholders are clean as new now, and they left a few coins and some Toyota 3N5 touchup paint in the armrest.

You see these from time to time on ebay if anyone else has the same problem.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:24 pm

I forget we even have cup holders back there, they probably have been used like twice.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby Wang2k » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:12 am

Needs to be an ashtray IMO. People in the back dont have anywhere to ash the green. Im thinking about putting some back there in the little contoured armrest things in the back.
Wang2k
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:16 am

Wang2k wrote:Needs to be an ashtray IMO. People in the back dont have anywhere to ash the green. Im thinking about putting some back there in the little contoured armrest things in the back.

Drugs are bad...

On another note... NO ONE SMOKES ANYTHING IN MY CAR/TRUCK... EVER :evilbat:
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5