[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Want yellow fogs? Can't find the paint? *~~ CLiCk hErE ~~*
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Want yellow fogs? Can't find the paint? *~~ CLiCk hErE ~~*

Want yellow fogs? Can't find the paint? *~~ CLiCk hErE ~~*

Postby Sol-Toy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Don't spend $35 on that Vans brand yellow or amber spray paint. And don't just pick up the tamiya brush on paint at the hobby store....I found a spray can that should do the trick:

PS-42 Translucent Yellow - 100ml Spray Can $5.50
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.p ... t-id=86042

I haven't purchased directly from these guy's before but I'll let you know how the service is.

BTW, they have transparent orange, red, and silver too ;)

* I've painted full clear tailights half red half smoked in the past. I used Testors but I'm sure this company is just as reputable. PM me if you need help...it's pretty easy if you think about it though 8)

- take item off of car
- Lightly sand w/ 800 or 1000 grit
- mask off area's you don't want painted
- lightly spray a coat — wait at least 20mins
- repeat last step untill desired richness in color
- let last coat dry for an hour or more (depending on humidity/raining out etc)
- wet sand with 1200 grit (it's best to soak the sand paper over night)
- use a clear coat spray can (same steps as the painting process)
- lightly wet sand
- deeply polish (I like Meguires step 2 — red bottle)
- polish again
- wax if you want

This is my old civic (these were full clear tail lights — all white)...I'll post pics of my Lara with the amber fogs as soon as the paint ships and I apply it:

2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sol-Toy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:38 pm

Just painted and polished my new yellow fogs! It took Tamiya only 5 days to ship from CA to Milwaukee, WI :cool:

Great product but the nozzle gets clogged frequently. It's not a very good nozzle at all. Just prick it with a pin or take it off, clean it, and blow out any extra cloggs. I suppose you could use thinner also (dunno what it might do to the plastic nozzle though).

Pics coming soon :D
2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5