[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DYI Side Mirror LED
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DYI Side Mirror LED

DYI Side Mirror LED

Postby regulatorr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:58 pm

heres. for those who want to know.
Not mine. But got it off the forum that i always go to.

Ok Make sure you mask your parts off dont be stupid and scratch them or get S#$T on them.
Mark your lines out and try and find a peice that somewhat resembles the conture of your mirror not only the out side but the inside. If your new at this NOW isnt the time to be puting a square peg in a round hole.

Becouse I did the drivers side first I use it to get the location of the passenger side. Now these Sentia mirrors are nice to work with the outer unscrews and makes it stupid easy to do this.

1. masked and ready to mark

2. Now cut it out
3. See if it fits
4. Compare the fir and line up
5. Make sure it fits inside too
6. Cut the inside for the extruded portion of the lens
7. test fit and align everything

8. I usse this modeling epoxy the stuff is wicked for doing this it gets hard as the origional plastic and you can work it with water. you need to mix it one to one

9. Now apply it to the surounding and force it into the cracks you want a little to push threw the back for a tight fit

You can add and subtract material where needed I went with a little more volume than the parts so I can sand it back to the part depth. Make sure you cary it out far enough so you dont have to throw a bunch of putty back at it latter.

OK here is the last of it. From this part on is just prep and paint. What I did was pull the part then sand the outer to a close conure of the mirror. You want to do that first before sanding the edges of the part. Why well most times the lines will open up as you get close to the levelness of your peice and the body peice.

Part pulled and sanded

Here you can see the overlap on the part

Here you can see the line left by the part

here is where it needs to be sanded back to fit the part I also leveled the over flow to the back side so it is smooth there to.

part in place

Now I need to sand it back to flush the part here I draw a line to work to

And finaly I will sand it so the lens sticks out enough to compensate for primer and paint. Next pix will be painted. You will need to run the wires threw the door and tap into your turn signal harness.

regulatorr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:01 pm

hey that's a grea tutorial. i just got to find a lense that will match the gen 1 mirror nicely =). i think ill try that next weekend
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:51 am

Dude what are you parked next to????????
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:19 am

probably some parking lot lol.
Last edited by woa_its_j3ff on Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:24 am

The reflection on ur door. Them r some killer rimes.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5