[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - back seats removal to reach struts/springs
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

back seats removal to reach struts/springs

back seats removal to reach struts/springs

Postby Ruski » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Sorry this isnt the best tutorial made but i tried :D
Panels where not removed because i just finshed putting the rear back togther after installing suspension.

Step 1
Remove the bottom back seat by pulling up its on two clips. and remove from car.

Step 2
drop the two back seats, under the cover there are 4 bolts total you will need to remove. 12mm. unscrew them and pull out the seats

Step 3
After locate the handle. take off the top cover and bottom there are two bolts 10mm and screw them and pull it off

Step 4
Pull the paneling off dont worry cant brake anything maybe will lose a couple plastic clips. do that two both sides. and remove from the car

Step 5
Now undo the window cover. that is covering the seat belt and the hanger. you will find a screw where the hanger is and a bolt where the seat belt is Unscrew both and let the seat belt hang down. Out off your way

Step 6
Then pull it off now be careful the panal goes to the rear deck so you pull it off and push up to get it free. Do the same on the other side. Remove that from car .

Step 7
Now locate the three clips on the rear deck. remove the plastic covers. covering the bolts under it. Unscrew the three bolts. Do not remove panal yet.

Step 8
Now locate the black cover that has About 5 clips on it remove every clip. and pull the backing towards you. Remove that from the car

Step 9
Now Pull the rear deck that you unscrewed in step 7 and pull it towards you. then push it down where the black cover was. so you have room to work

Step 10
Now the struts/springs are locate in the corners of each side. they are covered with some sound proof material. just pull that back. and you will see the 3 struts bolts sticking out

Step 11
Put everything back . (in a backwards order)
black backing, then rear deck then side window panels, then lower panal. the the back seats. then bottom back seat.

Hope this helps
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sparticus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:36 pm

thanks a bunch man, I did the front today and i'm doing the rear tomorrow.
1999 v6 SLE, 5% tint, drilled + slotted rotors, clear corner lights, TRD RSB HAS ARRIVED!!!! WTB: new tokico struts.
Money for Solara = $0 untill after christmas.
Sparticus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Chhem87 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

no offense to the tutorial, but didnt someone submitted an in dept version to replacing the speakers? i think someone got it from Clutchfield and posted it here. I can't find it though. if anyone know what im talking about can you link me. I would follow this tutorial but i rather have all the facts before rip up my car.
Chhem87
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:14 pm

thats the same exact as crutch field shows you.. just with actual pics of the car. thats all you need to know , Its plain and simple.. a couple screws on each side of the back seat and 3 on the top and the screw on the seats them selfs
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jrzymuscle23 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:28 am

Nice! Now I can save on the labor costs I'm sure a bit since I 'll have the seats removed for the guy who's installing my new mounts and Gr2's... Thanks man
99 SE V6 stick-TRD exhaust-eibach's-Injen intake-18" Falkens...
jrzymuscle23
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby rewmomi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 am

SO i am guessing that you can install the springs by your self can you? I was talking with this one mechanic and he said u needed something to suppress the springs before installing.
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:58 am

You need a spring compressor which can be rented at Auto Zone
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ruski » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Yeap or Salvo auto parts.. rewmomi if your going to do it yourself check out the tutorials and be prepared to spend a day or more , unless your a mechanic
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5